MotorCity Casino Hotel
$229
$125
$122
Agoda.com
All reviewsmotor cityfree roomassembly lineseparate showersoaking tubfree valet parkingambassador bridgeroom servicenice roomnon smokingfood courtbed was very comfortablerooms are largeroom keyred wings gametigers gamecomerica park
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel from the outside is very impressive, inside it was very spacious and blew me away. I had a room on the 7th floor,but they do have lifts. The receptionists were helpful. A valet took our bags upto the room, and I recommend you give him a tip as they really do work hard to make your arrival smooth.The room itself was massive. I looked at the 2 double beds and saw how tidy and comfortable they both were. The TV was great and the mini bar had a good selection of drinks and snacks. The Bathroom was something else,Luxurious, it was so big, it had a shower, toilet and bath but separated in different small rooms. So I was really happy. I had a play and stay package which mean't you could have a go in the casino, well worth doing this. This Hotel has various restaurants to suit everyone and the portions are Big. Highly recommended. I stayed here so I could visit the Motown Museum with my Family and it wasn't too far away. I also had a view of the bridge to Canada!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shaun1968red
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband had a business trip to Detroit the same weekend as our 10th wedding anniversary, so he took me along and booked us for one night at this Casino Hotel. The room was wonderful -- spacious, clean, modern, luxurious and afforded a great view of downtown and of the bridge to Canada. This was my first trip to Detroit, and it was really interesting. The hotel feels very safe and is clean and seemingly well run, but it was rather surreal driving through much of the Detroit area, seeing whole abandoned neighborhoods, tagged buildings, and many, many empty lots. The buffet was quite good, the casino felt just like Las Vegas, and the room was, as mentioned, well above average. Two minor inconveniences -- the ipod station did not work, nor did the stopper in the absolutely fabulous sunken tub in the bathroom. I improvised and used a washcloth to stop the drain and had a lovely bath. One major inconvenience -- we ordered room service breakfast and when it came it was incorrect. We called to explain, they said they'd fix it quickly and be up with a new omelette pronto. They did arrive quite soon with a different breakfast, but this one was also wrong! I'm thinking somebody in the kitchen just couldn't get their act together that morning. To the hotel's credit, they did say they would remove the charges for the breakfasts. Valet parking was free and quick. Getting around Detroit was not easy, however, because of many closed off and blocked streets. I hope that Detroit restores itself fully and well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor or higher, facing downtown.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdventuresWithMary
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the MotorCity for a family reunion dinner and program. Pluses include : the location (close to downtown) the free Valet , the well appointed and large rooms, comfortable beds, Celebrity watching (Tiger players , etc ) and some of the staff. Negatives include : the location (run down neighbor ) , refrigerators that ONLY accomodate overpriced hotel liquour and snacks that you get CHARGED for if you disturb the sensors beneath the bottles (seriously there is not enough spare room in the fridge for a bottled water!), inconsistent room and bell person assistance. and maid service that doesnt prepare rooms till 5p or later for check in.

Room Tip: Try to arrive EARLY for check in. A few rooms are cleaned early . Everyone else has a long wait. schedule a TIME for bellperson to come for your luggage on departure , the night before so that you are in the quere.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My son and I stayed to take in a Tigers game. Accommodations were great and very clean. Hospitality was top rate from arrival with the Valet service and check-in to when we picked up our vehicle to return home. Front desk was very helpful. The casino is very nice with the only exception is they allow smoking. Needed to wash clothes immediately when we returned home. I can't believe how much different things are today than a few years ago when smoking was allowed everywhere. We just lived with it. Would be nice if the would restrict smoking in casinos too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wazoo34
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I were in town for one night to see a show at The Filmore and figured a casino would be able to offer a place to get drinks after the show since we weren't familiar with the area and wanted a safe place. The hotel decor was very nice, but the lighting in the room was horrible, particularly in front of the bathroom mirror. There was a light up makeup mirror, but that was only minimally helpful in the shadows. The air in the room was stale, so I decided to run the fan. We were in a non-smoking room (that required signing a non-smoking agreement upon check-in), but when we ran the fan, it smelled of smoke. I considered asking to change rooms, but we weren't spending much time there, so I just decided to deal with it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends