Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Viking Motel(Detroit)
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
1,212 results
All reviewswolfgang puckm lifebathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassthe concierge levelcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsliving roomroom serviceindoor poolambassador bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Generally I have always stayed with Greektown since they are a bit cheaper; however, the saying "you get what you pay for comes to mind" I stayed here with a friend for the weekend because we were going to a Pistons game and a Cirque show. The spa and pool area really set it apart for me from Greektown. Amazing service all around. We had the concierge level access since my friend is a MLife Platinum member and I found it to be awesome for a quick snack before going out for the night. I am not aware of the price, but it was quite a good spread. The room itself was very nice; however, the view was not all that great. We were on the 17th floor so having a high room helped, but with the condition of Detroit I am not sure if there is a "good view" I do like the floor to ceiling windows that Greektown offer much more than the windows offered at this property; needless to say, that is about the only thing I could find in which one beat the other. Lastly, I liked the rewards program more at this hotel because it applies to all MGM properties which comes in handy if you travel to other properties of theirs. Great stay and I would stay here again without a doubt. The spa and pool area sealed the deal for me. Awesome place to relax and chill out if you're not having the best of luck at the tables.

Room Tip: Unless you want to get nickeled and aimed for sodas and snacks I STRONGLY suggest that you consider paying the little extra for the "concierge level" access!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brandon B
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear HotelGuy419,

We’re pleased to know MGM Grand won you over with our collection of spacious accommodations, excellent dining options, and entertainment choices. Plus, our Immerse Spa has earned a reputation for unparalleled luxury, while our pool area is another enticing means of relaxation. We appreciated the opportunity to host your weekend getaway, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Everything was excellent. We had a great visit to the MGM. Rooms were beautiful, bathroom was to dream for, lounge on the 17th floor was great breakfast was ideal - I don't think you should change anything - just keep what you are doing and visitors will be happy!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Cheryl G,

With so much to see and do under one roof, guests of MGM Grand Detroit always leave our property feeling like winners! We appreciate your generous remarks, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The rooms were nice the hotel is great. lots of good places to eat. Nice TV in the room. If your coming to Detroit. You really need to stay at this hotel. Its worth the money. If you like poker they have a nice poker room.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear John ws,

At MGM Grand Detroit, we are committed to providing an unsurpassed resort experience. From exemplary casual and fine dining choices, to our elegant accommodations, MGM Grand is definitely in a class by itself. Please, come visit again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would like to give a big thank you to the Concierge Dept especially Shahnee Myers, when I called to get our room she was able to Comp it for a Saturday Night when the offer was only good Sunday thru Thursday, she was also able to get us an early check in and access to the Concierge Floor, she had rose pedals spread out on the bed, a rose and some cookies. It was a wonderful touch. When I tried booking with MGM I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone, I assumed the front desk was busy, that's when I was transferred to Shahnee, she made the reservation and was able to add these extra things to make our stay even better. The room was clean, comfortable and the pool area is the same, it was nice to have the door man at the entrance, opening the door and making sure that you where a hotel guest, it gives an extra secure feeling. I will recommend MGM Grand to all my friends and a big Kudos to Shahnee for helping us and her customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for the Concierge Dept
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichelleKenyon11

Dear MichelleKenyon11,

We’re always pleased to receive positive feedback about our employees. We gladly will pass along your sentiments to the appropriate management staff, so they can be recognized for their efforts. We also are gratified to know that you enjoyed your assigned accommodations, and took advantage of several booking incentives. Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor, and please feel free to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We just recently spent the weekend in Detroit to go to the car show. We thought we would make a fun weekend and stay at the MGM Grand Hotel. The hotel was beautiful, and the staff was friendly. Upon arriving at 5pm (prime check in) there was a line backed up to the doors for check in with one person working at the counter. The rooms were very beautiful and comfortable we had a king room and the bed was very comfortable as well. The major downfall of this hotel was the noise, the rudeness of the other guest and lack of security. Had we not traveled with another couple we would have checked out at 2am and traveled back home. The consistent slamming of doors, the parties in surrounding rooms spilling out into the halls went on until 3:45 in the morning. The front desk was called and they stated they would send security, and if it continued they would send the manager, this was at 2am and it continued for another hour and forty five. We spent over $300.00 on this room that we could not even sleep in, needless to say this is the last time I will be staying at the MGM in Detroit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends