“MGM”

Berkley, Michigan, Usa
“MGM”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was a nice stay.
The type of coffees were a good variety especially the whipped ones. I like to see a tea also.
The pool water needs to be warmer. I know there was a weather fluctuation but in any case if it is warmer is better. I saw people swam in a frozen lake after making a hole in it but this not suitable for everybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Toledo, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

MGM Grand Detroit has the greatest training program in Michigan. From the Valets, to the Front Desk, Slot Attendants, Spa staff and Restaurants this is just an excellent facility. We've frequent this facilitry and have never, never, EVER, had a bad experience. The small issues we have encountered were handled immediately and completely to our satisfaction. For instance, I left my Kindle Fire in my room and called when I got home. They sent housekeeping to my room and immediately called me back to say they had it and would hold it for me. Even the $20 dollars I had tucked in the cover was intact. And when my wallet fell out of my pocket without me noticing, a slot attendant found it, gave it to Security and they returned it to the machine where I was playing with nothing missing. This is the kind of friendliness and security you'll find at MGM Grand. Food is great, room are very, very nice, beds are comfortable and the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job keeping everything clean. We always have a great experience at MGM Grand an you will too when you visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the MGM Detroit in February. My room was amazing. the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. My bathroom had a shower with 5 shower heads plus a jacuzzi tub with multicolor lights. the room had 3 tv's (one was in the bathroom mirror) The concierge was always friendly and happy to assist no matter what the request. Everyone was extemely friendly and helpful thoughout the hotel and casino areas. If you have a chance definitely go down to the pool and spa. The pool is huge and indoor. The spa was very nice. My only issue was that it didnt have a quiet relaxation room with lounge chairs (thier room only had sit up type chairs). The only place to go after the massage was the pool area. Unfortunately there was a child who was alternately happy and crying so the peacefull glow that I had after the massage disappated. If I am ever in the Detroit area again i would definitely stay there

Room Tip: If you can stay in an exective room - DO IT!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tecumseh, Michigan, Usa
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed several times at this facility and every one is a great experience. Every employee is helpful and friendly. Love the rooms and the pool/spa. The valet parking is fast and efficient. Would like to see some of the restaurants in the Casino open a little later, but that is the only downfall we experienced here. We will be back again.

Adrian, Michigan, Usa
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We did vip style at the V nightclub. This was the way to go, great dancing and atmosphere. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and fancy. I would recommend this hotel. We had a party of eight for a bithday celebration and everyone had great things to say after we left.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Staying at a hotel + casino definitely has its' perks. For the cost of a room, I never opened a door myself, never had to pay or even park my car myself, got free wifi, had a TV in the bathroom, got a great shoe shine, and just got great service in general. Their house tea blend was also very nice. The only downside is that they allow smoking in the building, but if you stick to the hotel portion only, it won't reach you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manteno, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would highly recommend the MGM Grand Detroit. From the moment I pulled into the valet line to the moment of check out I could not have been more pleased. Once in the room the quality of the room was beyond great. I love the fact that the shampoos and other toiletries were from H20. One of my favorite companies. The restaurant staff and basically anyone I came into contact with during my stay was AMAZING!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business