There are a few reasons I gave this hotel/casino a 4, both good and bad. I was only in the casino for 2 hours, and I didn't stay at the hotel, so I will only base this review on the casino itself. First the bad or not so good:
- The casino wreaked of smoke, and I am not a smoker. There was a small smoke free section, but emphasis on small.
- A friend went to use the toilet and over heard the janitor cleaning the stall next to him using profane language about how he hated what he was doing, and that he was fed up to put it nicely. Not what you want any of your employees saying in front of patrons, no matter where they are in the hotel.
- We were getting in the elevator from our parking spot and were asked for money by a lady in a leather jacket to get gas for her car. Her story seemed legit and we were able to help a little, however we then spotted her down in the casino area 2 minutes later. She then spoke to us again and asked us where the valet was. We found this very weird, and are probably just making a big deal out of nothing, but it wasn't the best first impression to have been made on us.
- We did go on a Saturday night, but we couldn't find any tables for under $15 a hand. A little too steep for our liking.
- I only saw 1 drink lady come around the whole 2 hours I was there.
- One of my buddies wanted to play poker but he didn't know there was a dress code. He had on a t-shirt and jeans, and was allowed to go into the poker room any way. The workers in that area were understanding.
- I like slots from time to time, and this place had tons of slots. Slots upon slots. Tons to choose from, and a lot of brand new slots that were a lot of fun to play.
- 1 person left up $100 playing slots, I left up $10 playing slots, and two others left down $40 and down $50 playing roulette and poker respectively.
- Signage was clear and easy to spot from many areas of the floor. We could find the ticket redemption areas, restrooms and the exit fairly easy.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience, and didn't over stay my welcome. Got in, played some slots, went up, went down, and left up. All in all, it's hard to beat that, just wish it wasn't so smokey inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While in Detroit, get down to business at the ultimate entertainment destination, MGM Grand Detroit. Surround yourself in timeless design in our ultra-chic hotel. Dream big on king-size beds with 300 thread count sheets, relax in our oversized marble baths with dual rain shower heads. Or indulge yourself in a garden of earthly delights within our signature restaurants, or nightlife options. Last, lavish yourself within Immerse, Detroit's only resort style Spa. Immerse Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your MGM Grand Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgm Grand Detroit Hotel Detroit
- Mgm Grand Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Mgm Grand Hotel