“Restaurant Week-good way to test it out”
Review of Coach Insignia - CLOSED

Coach Insignia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaubien St.
Transit: Our valet parking is located directly behind the Renaissance Center at the GM Winter-garden (South entrance of the building next to the river), or use the valet services at the Marriott Hotel. Valet Hours Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-11pm.
michigan
“Restaurant Week-good way to test it out”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Trying to get through the Rencen to find the elevators was a little confusing. Valet out back on Atwater and make sure the restaurant comps your valet-$10 max.
The view was pretty cool, and we had a very nice bartender at the bar while we waited for our friends. The restaurant is on the pricey side. We went for restaurant week where I ordered off that menu. Shrimp as an appetizer, petite filet with whipped potatoes and asparagus. Perfect sized portions. $30 so portions smaller but just what you need. America is overweight. Dessert was their bread pudding. VERY good. My husband ordered the new york strip I think it was. He loved it. Also ordered a side of lobster mac and cheese $16. It was ok, but I have to say Capital Grille tastes much better!! Much more creamier. Staff was very nice, but I did notice quite a few chairs with stains on them. (mine was stained pretty bad)
Make sure to ask for a window seat.
Overall,I will say all 4 of us enjoyed our meal.

• Visited April 2014

Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Outstanding View”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and wanted to try this place so during Detroit Restaurant Week we did. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. Don't get me wrong, the food good, it's just not exceptional ( there are many other restaurant in the area with much better food). That said, the presentation is beautiful, the service impeccable and the view is not to be missed.

Side note: when making reservation, make sure to ask for a window seat. And not to be seated by one of the many waitstaff stations.

• Visited April 2014
Harrison Township, Michigan
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

From start to finish this was the most pleasurable dining experience i have ever had. The staff was superb, the food was amazing, ambiance was like no other. Very quiet, scenic, and overall great place.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank quinshene03
Michigan
“Round Two: A Significant Improvement”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

IN A NUTSHELL:
Pros: wonderful and scenic location, great meal with exquisite presentation, great service (very much an improvement from last time)
Cons: a bit pricey (but worth every dollar)

This is an update on a review I previously wrote regarding Coach Insignia. I went back for a second round, and it was a significant improvement from my previous visit. For my meal (which included a starter of bread with butter), I requested a bowl of corn chowder for my main course and white chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Both were great and presented to me in a very professional and exquisite manner. As for the service, all of the staff were very knowledgeable, welcoming, and caring. I would especially like to thank Katie, who was an exceptional waitress.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding view and food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. We love the place ambience. The view is the best in Detroit. Desserts are delicious. I like the bar too. And the do have valet parking.

• Visited May 2013