“Sisters”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaubien St.
Transit: Our valet parking is located directly behind the Renaissance Center at the GM Winter-garden (South entrance of the building next to the river), or use the valet services at the Marriott Hotel. Valet Hours Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-11pm.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My sister took me to the Coach Insignia for dinner using her Groupon that would be expiring. 72 floors up via the outside elevator on the RenCen to a circular restaurant and bar with a view that would rival any in the country. The staff was wonderfully courteous and attentive, the restaurant is first-class in every aspect, the food was divine and the service was impeccable. Our server, Audi (hope I spelled it right) was fabulous. He gave us suggestions as to the bottle of wine we might like to order, he advised us on the house favourite appetizers as well as his own personal fav. He explained every nuance for every entree without hesitation. That man knows his menu and wine list like the back of his hand. We started with a bottle of Babich Sauvignon Blanc, jumbo lump crab cakes and short rib-stuffed mushrooms. Delish ! Seared-skin barramundi with barley, homemade chorizo, and tomatoes was my entree and my sister had seared scallops and Michigan shrimp (yup, the shrimp are farm-raised in Michigan with no mercury and other toxins) with a sweet pea puree, carrots and a red pepper oil. Both entrees just fabulous ! At that point, there was not going to be dessert for either of us but the menu sounded lovely. Without the Groupon, the evening was priced at $138.00 and it was worth every bit of it. And naturally we tipped according to that amount...and more. The service, the atmosphere, the food, the selections, the view....out of this world good.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just had a business dinner at Coach Insignia last night. Almost perfect. I say almost because, they did not serve the ladies first. We had 12, but I like the ladies to be served first. It was the way I was brought up.

The food was fantastic. The staff was outstanding. I had the Lamb chops Gluten free style and they made me fresh gluten free rice bread. PERFECT. Others at our table had steak, Fish, ribs. Everyone was pleased. They also have a nice wine selection. The view is what makes this so nice. You can see all across Detroit and Windsor Canada. It's so cool. The ride up gets your heart pumping, but worth the trip. If you have not been to this restaurant, go now. It's worth the money.

1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great steaks, and top-notch service. I wouldn't be able to afford it on a regular basis, but for a special occasion, Coach Insignia would be hard to beat!
My Rib Eye was prepared perfectly, as were my crispy Brussels Sprouts. The BLT salad was superb, and we received a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.
Service was attentive but not overbearing...

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We used a Groupon to check out this restaurant. It was a really good experience. The Groupon was very generous and the restaurant was very professional in honoring the terms of the coupon. I would say they will be well-served in doing so. The wait staff was extraordinarily friendly and efficient. The menu was diverse and the wine selection amazing. We all loved our dinner selections. The appetizers were also delicious. We had a couple desserts that were decadent. You can't beat the view. There isn't a bad table in the place. We've already recommended the restaurant to friends who went there last weekend and said it was one of the best meals they've ever had. We plan to go back ourselves! This is the kind of place that gives Detroit something to brag about.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Service was outstanding the food was fantastic. The view was perfect and my anniversary couldn't have been better!! All the Best with a CHERRY on top!!