“Not the Dinner we expected!”
Review of Coach Insignia - CLOSED

Coach Insignia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaubien St.
Transit: Our valet parking is located directly behind the Renaissance Center at the GM Winter-garden (South entrance of the building next to the river), or use the valet services at the Marriott Hotel. Valet Hours Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-11pm.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is our third visit to Coach Insignia and we were not pleased. The view was awesome the service as great, the food however was not up to par. Our waiter was great and very knowledgeable. We ordered the crab cake appetizer which was nice, my husband had the Tomato basil soup,(which in the past was amazing) which was burnt! He ended up sharing my Cesare salad with me. His Steak and broccoli was cold! I ordered Halibut which I love, I did not care for the way it was prepared. My husbands coffee was awful. Needless to say, we wouldn't be back! I need to add we went here with a group- on, as I understand should not lessen the quality of the food.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

As long as you are not scared of heights, this is a must see and eat! We had steak and polished off our plates! The view is stunning but this restaurant does not rotate any longer... so walk around! Beautiful sunset!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had dinner at Coach Insignia for our 39th Anniversary. Eddie our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We started off with a caesar salad, which just happens to be the worst caesar we had ever had and could not finish the salad. My husbands steak was superb and he said it was the best he had ever had. My salmon was ok. I had the Italian coconut dessert and Eddie gets full marks for having them write on the plate "Happy 39th Anniversary" in chocolate. There coffee is also very good as well as the home made bread. The view alone is worth going to this retaurant and we would return.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were pleased to spend our 30th wedding anniversary having a wonderful evening at Coach Insignia. Everything was outstanding. Of course, the view is unparalleled in Detroit. However, the restaurant was not content to rest on the laurels of a scenic view. Instead, they excelled in every way.

The food was outstanding. I had the rack of lamb, and it was cooked to perfection. The accompaniments were great, as well. My wife had a special variation of surf-and-turf, which featured twin lobster tails and lamb chops.

The service was wonderful throughout the evening. The servers were very helpful and made our evening extra special. The wine list is incredible. The prices are high, but are reasonable considering the quality of the meal. We will visit again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Its a super fancy restaurant on the 72nd floor with an amazing view of the river where u can see Canada on the other side.
The food was amazing, and the staff were super helpful and friendly. its a bit pricy but its worth it.