“Best place for a Cuban sandwich”

Vicente's Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 1,132 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2009

If you love a good Cuban sandwich this is the place. The plantains are awesome too! I love this place, a real gem in Detroit. Service can be a little slow but nothing to worry about.

There are newer reviews for Vicente's Cuban Cuisine

Reviewed February 11, 2009

Lived in Detroit my whole life, and this fairly new restaurant is now my new favorite. First off, I visit Miami a lot, and really miss Cuban cuisine. Vencetes does not dissappoint. The seafood is very good, fresh, and well presented. I had a stuffed seafood pastry (forget the name) and it was to die for. Other guest at the table had the tilapia, and Rajos (old cloths) all were impressive.

My only knock is it is somewhat pricey. Main course's are between 20-30 but are ala carte....salads extra soup etc. This brought the meal to about 30/person...not too bad but a bit pricy for my blood (and some of the near by compitition)..but all in all a very good choice for something a bit different or for Cuban Food lovers like me!!!!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2009

We were looking forward to spending New Year's Eve at Vicente's. The food was excellent, the waitress was average, the entertainment was almost non existent (even though they advertised entertainment for the evening), and there was CIGAR smoking at the bar by the manager. When we called to make our reservation we were told there was absolutely no smoking inside (smoking was to be done outside), and the 18% gratuity for 2 people was outrageous. We will not return.

2  Thank kniden
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 5, 2008

That wasn't what I ordered!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 9, 2008

I love this place! Great food with Flamingo dancers & latin dnacing. The service is great and the host are very attentive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook