“Excellent Food and Service”

Vicente's Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service from the wait staff and wonderful food. We had the Albondigas appetizer, which had a very good sauce. I had the lamb dish Chilindron De Cordero. It was slow roasted and the meat was very tender. Again, the wine sauce was amazing. My wife really liked the Ropa Viejo. The tres leches cake for dessert was decadent and delicious. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and beautiful Cuban artwork.

Visited May 2014

Georgia
“Good Cuban food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food was good. They have salsa lessons and dancing every Friday night. Stick to their sangria, their mojitos were okay.. All their tapas were delicious!

Visited March 2014
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Interesting Experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This restaurant is another little Detroit jewel. The menu is mostly Cuban and so we had traditional appetizers but they also offered a salmon with spinach entrée which was wonderful. The "red" sangria was the best I've had and served in a festive way. The Cuban coffee was wonderfully strong and sweet and the waiter was quite accommodating. The room is very "open" and the only negative was that it was rather noisy at times. It could have just been that night and clientele. I am taking my husband and brother there very soon so that they can experience this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“The trifecta!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This place has it all right; great food, ambience and service. The tapas are great (and nice size portions) and the main courses are outstanding as well. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. Food was served promptly, etc... This place gets it!

1 Thank Ejones77rtw
West Michigan
“Amazing food enhanced by unbelievable service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I had lunch at Vicente's, but the service started before we even sat down. We managed to park at the only parking meter on the street that required coins and didn't take credit cards. Neither of us had change. My husband gave Randean a couple of dollars, and Randean made a special trip to get change. He even went out to the street and fed the meter so we could simply sit at our table.

We have only had Cuban food a couple of times, so needed some help with the menu. Randean was wonderful in suggesting a variety of tapas for us. Few responses are more irritating to me than when I ask a server for a recommendation and all they say is, "What do you like?" Randean didn't hesitate to give advice on what would be a good selection of tapas.

My husband wanted a mojito and asked Randean which was the best of their many offerings. The Mojito Gran Res was the most expensive item we ordered ($12), but my husband said it was worth every penny. My 50/50 Sangria was refreshing and another winner.

We had Camarones Enchilados, which were delicious with a bit of a bite. My husband enjoys spicy food more than I do, so was happy that I let him have one more shrimp than I did. Our chicken dish was Pollo Al Ajillo, which was tasty and a good complement to the other dishes, but didn't wow us like everything else. (Perhaps our tongues were tingling too much from the other tapas to fully enjoy its subtle flavor.) Our two favorites were the Filetillo de Lomo, which was simply incredible, and the Papas Rellenas, which surprised us. How could fried mashed potatoes stuffed with ground beef be so delectable?

Throughout, Randean was attentive without being obnoxious. A couple of other people also helped to make sure our water glasses stayed full. We can't say enough about the wonderful service.

We also loved the atmosphere. It would be a hoot to go on a Friday or Saturday night for the salsa dancing.

The prices, too, were reasonable. I'm happy to pay for food that is unusual and delicious and gives us the added bonus of a fun experience. If we had been willing to forgo the alcohol, our very-filling meal would have cost only $35.

• Visited April 2014