“Best paella and sangria this side of Barcelona”

Vicente's Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 1,144 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I went there for dinner this summer. Ever since we've been to Barcelona for a cruise we have tried to find paella and sangria that could come close to duplicating what we experienced there. We finally found it with Vicente's! The sangria and paella were delicious and the service was outstanding. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Recently, my wife and I ate at Vicente's after seeing War Horse at the Fisher Theater. Having lived in Miami for twenty years, I had come to really enjoy Cuban food. I was not disappointed at Vicente's.
Of course, we tried the Cuban Style Paella that was delicious. This was composed of lobster, shrimp, calamari, scallops, Spanish sausage, chicken, clams, and vegetables served with a saffron rice. This was outstanding and consistent with paella dishes that I remember from my days in Miami. I do wish that there was a little more chicken. The sweet plantains that we ordered as a side dish melted in your mouth.
As an appetizer we ordered the Meson Especial that was chorizo, shrimp, calamari, clams and mushrooms served with a garlic lemon sauce. I definitely would have their homemade sangria with your food. This was served in glasses filled with fresh fruit and ice. Finally, try the Tres Leches Cake for dessert that is a Latin American specialty consisting of moist sponge cake soaked in three types of milk. The service was capable and knowledgeable.
Finally, the prices were reasonable for the outstanding quality of food. Enjoy.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Vicente's Cuban Cuisine is situated in the heart of downtown Detroit and represents the growing restaurant scene there. I was in town for a week and met a friend here for dinner. The interior was open and colorful. Very well done. Both of us ordered Tapas and they were all excellent. My favorites were the Gambas al Ajillo and Calamares Fritos. Our server was friendly and did a great job explaining the menu. A very enjoyable meal. Look forward to going here again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My son and I shared the Cuban paella which was excellent. We knew from the reviews it was very filling so we decided not to order a salad or tapas. My wife ordered the steak and was pleasantly surprised. The paella was served in less than 30 minutes although the menu said to allow 45 minutes.
Very nice gem in downtown Detroit.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Amazing the amount of food you can get for $20 with drink/tax/tip included. Have been here 8 times and have never left hungry.