All reviews concert venue mini fridge next morning comerica park ford field mona lander convention event downtown
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times. Mona and her staff is amazing!! My son got married last weekend and as a wedding gift We got them a treat to stay there! He has called everyone to say how wonderful the historic place is. Her hospitality is amazing! Oh, and my sons new wife couldn't say enough wonderful thing about Mona's place. Her breakfasts are amazing, Staying there again tomorrow night!!! Can't wait!
Detroit Gem!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
histerskinehouse, Director of Sales at 234 Winder St Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Thank you for your kindness . And the wonder comments.
It was our pleasure to serve you and your family.

Your son and his beautiful bride are an amazon younge couple. We wish them love peace & happiness together forever.
Mona & Staff

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I've never stayed at a place quite like this before. We wanted a hotel near Comerica Park and all the usual ones were booked or really expensive. My husband found this place online and we decided to go for it. It has a bit of a creepy vibe--lots of antique dolls and "there must be ghosts here" vibes. BUT, it also has a lot of warmth. The owner and staff are SO NICE. The moment they saw I was pregnant, they brought me a plate of fruit. They really take care of you. There were sandwiches for us in the room's mini fridge, along with waters and sodas. They made a delicious breakfast for us the next morning. I kept thinking, "What's the catch?" No catch, apparently! I will say that it can feel a little odd to have such a personal experience. I'm used to anonymous hotel stays where you don't interact much with the staff. This isn't that. It was a truly unique experience. They will leave a tip envelope in your room--you should use it. You'll want to use it after the great service you get :)

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
histerskinehouse, Director of Sales at 234 Winder St Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review .

Mona and Monica

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I attended a birthday party which was held outdoors. Beautiful, scenic, spacious, outdoor space which accommodated about 65 people. The grilled food was delicious. I took a tour inside the Inn. Stunning renovations and décor; that took me back in time. The Inn would be a ideal location for a tea party.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your kindness. We love to hear that our guest enjoyed the food and the service. Please come again.
Mona

Reviewed January 20, 2017

Attending a convention, my wife stumbled upon this great place. I have gluten issues. Mona provided me with gluten-free meals, snacks, drinks and appetizers! She's a great cook and hostess. The remodeling done to this home is fabulous and inspiring. We have a Victorian house in Cleveland, Ohio. Am very impressed with the decor.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the Loft (suite) and loved it. Have met Miss Mona and her staff previous to our stay and enjoyed our time with them. The Loft has a pool table and plenty of room to spread out. Also Ford Field and Comerica Park are right here. Safe and easy getting back and forth. You will appreciate it once you see all the traffic and you already have a cocktail in your hand.

Date of stay: October 2015