Recommended experiences in and around Detroit
from $85.00
from $29.00
from $89.00
from $29.00
More Info
All reviews belle isle tropical plants formal gardens banana trees state park pass spring and summer nice collection quick visit aquarium species cactus fredericks gem admission bloom beauty volunteers
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2019

Very nice collection of tropical, cactus, fern, and other types of plants. Free to get into and right next to the aquarium. It will be humid in there but many very pretty plants to see.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 30, 2019

This conservatory on Belle Isle is really pretty! We stopped by today as we were exploring the island, and (with the exception of the heat) I really enjoyed our visit! Not surprisingly, the conservatory is HOT in the summer. Today was a hot day, and it was steamy in the conservatory for sure. But it was also beautiful! Gorgeous tropical flowers, and the glass conservatory was beautiful, too! Definitely worth a visit if you're exploring Belle Isle!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 10, 2019

We made a quick visit to this lovely conservatory last year on a very hot day. It really is well thought out and wandering through the many sections is a delight. Plants from all over the world are grown here. It is a bit cramped but with the new opening coming soon, I'm sure more space will provide even more varied displays. On a very hot day, it can be very uncomfortable. Bring water! Free. Large parking lot adjacent. Seating outside entrance.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2019

The conservatory is so beautiful and a nice escape from the cold weather in the winter. Seeing all the beautiful flowers brightens your day. Each time I go, I discover new plants and trees. Definitely a must see & do!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019

A jewel on Belle Isle! My favorite place to visit each and every time I am in Detroit. It's a mini vacation on a snowy grey day. My favorites are the orchids but the succulent room is amazing as well. Young and old alike will enjoy this little piece of heaven.

Date of experience: February 2019