“Great food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was in Detroit for a work conference, and a few of us ate here twice during the week. The food was great and reasonably priced. They have indoor and rooftop outdoor seating. Toms oyster bar is located just across the street from the GM World headquarters, and is a must try if in Detroit..

1  Thank Ron W

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love this place. Being from Northern California, it reminds me of a restaurant that could be on Fisherman's Wharf.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We went prior to Jimmy Buffett. The oysters on the half shell were big and very good. Beer was cold and the bloody Mary was excellent.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are staying at Caesars Hotel in Windsor and took the tunnel bus over to Detroit (cost $4 each). The bus driver was a riot and dropped us off right out front of the restaurant . It was a very hot day and the air conditioning was broken.. When we waled in, it was like a steam bath! The back part was cooler so we sat there . Brittany was our server and she was awesome. My husband had the sampler platter of oysters (24) an.d they were fabulous. I ordered fish and chips. The fish was average tasting, tempura batter was soft but not greasy. We had a beer each, on tap.. Wasn't the coldest but can't complain ... Would go again but would not have the fish and chips.. All the staff were great and service was excellent...

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Close walk to the waterfront event. Fast service but it was grungy, rundown, fruit flies, and I got the runs after. Wouldn't go back. Not sure what the hype is all about. My friends salmon blt was good. The chocolate lava cake was not fresh and like it was microwaved.