“Horrible Experience.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Terrible food .Dont waste your time. Fish was undercooked. The Blackened grouper tasted like gasoline. The fish fry was soggy and greasy. It was cold in the restaurant. Friday night and only several people in the place. Should of known better.

1  Thank ipswch
There are newer reviews for Tom's Oyster Bar

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excellent sushi and fish and chips! Steamed Clams were wonderful too! Highly recommend and easy to get to from Marriott.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have been here a few times while passing through downtown Detroit. Staff are friendly, variety of beers is good, oysters and other menu items are really good. Parking is the only downside - kind of awkward being harassed for money while parking in adjacent empty lots

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm interning at GM this summer and we went here for a lunch with the other interns from my school. The service was very good and the food was incredible. I had a California roll which was good, but my entree was incredible. I had the lobster mac and cheese and it was the best I have ever had. I would definitely recommend that entree for anyone who eats there. Others in the party had Chicken club, BBQ Shrimp Po Boy, Salmon, and Cheeseburgers. Even the burgers looked great and everyone was very pleased with what they had ordered.

The menu had a lot of options and also many that were not seafood, so if you have someone in your group who doesn't like seafood there is still something for them to eat. They have an outdoor seating area as well but we sat inside.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place could use some sprucing up. The food was ok. An old friend and I went here for lunch. The service on the other hand was good. Our waitress checked on us several times. Not sure if I would recommend this place since there are so many other nice restaurants in the area.