“Decent bar and food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have been here a few times while passing through downtown Detroit. Staff are friendly, variety of beers is good, oysters and other menu items are really good. Parking is the only downside - kind of awkward being harassed for money while parking in adjacent empty lots

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm interning at GM this summer and we went here for a lunch with the other interns from my school. The service was very good and the food was incredible. I had a California roll which was good, but my entree was incredible. I had the lobster mac and cheese and it was the best I have ever had. I would definitely recommend that entree for anyone who eats there. Others in the party had Chicken club, BBQ Shrimp Po Boy, Salmon, and Cheeseburgers. Even the burgers looked great and everyone was very pleased with what they had ordered.

The menu had a lot of options and also many that were not seafood, so if you have someone in your group who doesn't like seafood there is still something for them to eat. They have an outdoor seating area as well but we sat inside.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place could use some sprucing up. The food was ok. An old friend and I went here for lunch. The service on the other hand was good. Our waitress checked on us several times. Not sure if I would recommend this place since there are so many other nice restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

food is fine, service is hit or miss but menu is ANCIENT.

1  Thank iberostarnightmare
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Went to Tom's for lunch. Happy we got a parking space right in front. Ordered an Iced Tea and it was the kind that came out of a gun. Does anyone still serve that? The waitress agreed it isn't good and brought me a Diet Coke. I had the Fish Taco which was made with tilapia. It was mushy and not tasty at all. The French Fries that came with it and Cole Slaw were both good. My friend had the Crab Cake Po Boy. When it arrived it was "brown"! How could a crab cake be brown? She offered me a taste. It was very mealy and heavily seasoned. I knew she would hate it and she did. She mentioned it looked like dog food. Well, she has a dog. I have a cat and have to say, it did look like pet food to me. When the waitress brought the bill I mentioned that my friend didn't like the crab cake. Pretty obvious since it was still on the plate. The waitress asked what she didn't like about it. Hard to say without being rude. The waitress said it was all crab meat, no fillers. That was a surprise to me because I would have said it was filled with fillers. All in all, the lunch was not good and we would never go back. Very poor quality food and beverage. Too bad because Detroit can use all the good restaurants it can get.