“Quaint interior, wonderful place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cuisine

Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 1,094 Restaurants in Detroit
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodward
“Quaint interior, wonderful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Food is outstanding, service is excellent and it's a very romantic place for a date. It's quiet but great before the Fisher.

Visited February 2012

Detroit, Michigan
“less than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went for the fall restaurant week...the stuck people upstairs in an awful room. not what I expected for a supposed higher end place. disappointed

Visited October 2011
1 Thank restandrelax84
Michigan
“Restaurant week / Missed opportunity”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

We visited Cuisine for Detroit restaurant week, while overall I think that everyone was pleased with their meal, I felt their were a few things that could be improved upon. First off, lets talk seating arrangements. We were shoved into a small table a'la someone put baby in a corner. I would suggest to spread out the tables or rearrange them to please a "4-5 star" dining patron. Everyone chose their set three course meal that was in place for restaurant week. I picked the foie gras dumpling in a duck consomme, while the consomme was delicious I did not enjoy the foie gras dumpling. I have never had foie gras and thought this was a good opportunity to give it a whirl. I am an adventurous eater and would like to think I have a discerning palette for all types of meat. The foie gras had a bitter after taste, almost like ammonia and it did not seem to be rich tasting like I would have expected. The second course was the beef tendorloin. I asked for medium rare plus and I got it on the rarer side. It was pretty decent, didn't knock my socks off and a little on the cold side. My husband ordered the leg of turkey and to me it tasted dry and not seasoned enough. Finally our dessert which put the nail in the coffin for me. I had the raspberry torte and thought it was awful. Tasted as if it was made a week before then frozen and brought back out, it was akin to jelly on a piece of toast. I will give the service a good mark, he was attentive. Overall, I think restaurants should have their A game on for restaurant week and this was just an average experience for me.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, Michigan
“Heaven on a masterful plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This has been my favorite spot for a lovely dinner, before or after a play, or without added attractions! Paul Groz is an outstanding, creative chef, and his staff is equal to his tasks. The sturgeon's amazing and delicate; veal sweetbread app leaves you wanting more, and his dessert souffle is to die for. If he has a Prgressive Menu offering--take it. Pair it with a bottle or two of wine from his list. You won't be disappointed. This little restaurant, located in a lovely old home at 610 Lothup, in Detroit is perfection.

• Visited April 2012
Detroit, MI
“One of Detroit's gems”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Cuisine is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The menu is interesting and the food is always delicious. I eat at Cuisine at least 3 times a year and I have never been disappointed. Service has always been great. I am surprised by a few reviews that have complained about service. Cuisine prides itself with a great menu and great service. If you are ever disappointed, then talk to Paul (chef/owner). He will make sure your experience is the best.

• Visited February 2012