“Awesome Hotel Restaurant”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place is fantastic, and they do not get the business that they deserve! We have eaten here twice, and both meals have been very good. The downside is the atmosphere. It is presented very much as a hotel restaurant. The service was a bit on the slow side, but they are friendly and knowledgeable. However, the food is amazing! Standout dishes include the pork tenderloin, the crab pancake and the flour-less cake.

There are newer reviews for The Jefferson House

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stopped in The Jefferson House for lunch because of its proximity to the COBO Center where I was attending a convention. Was expecting the normal hotel restaurant fare. Was I ever pleasantly surprised! The lunch menu has many favorites (almost comfort food) but with a creative twist. The reuben sandwich I had was the best I've ever eaten -- thinly sliced meat with a topping that was deliciously sweeter than the usual version of sauerkraut. Service was prompt and atmosphere a pleasant time-out (almost an oasis) from the busyness of the convention center. One warning - watch your step outside the hotel. The approach from the COBO side combines steps and ramps that are attractive but difficult to distinguish. Talked to more than one person who twisted an ankle by walking off a step they didn't see.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have eaten at a lot of hotel restaurants. Only two meals can I really remember. One in Italy and one here at The Jefferson House. We picked it for convenience but will again eat here out of choice if we are in Detroit again. You must order the brussel sprouts!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been to Jefferson House multiple times. Every time, I encounter amazing service as well as creative, unique and delicious food. The Brussel sprout salad and Detroit roll are my favorite dishes, thought no entree has left me wanting. If they offer a tasting menu when you go, take advantage.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Excellent food with unique blend of flavors and spices, presented in a very creative way. I thought the pricing were good for food of this quality and innovation. If you like food presented and prepared in a sophisticated and adult manner you will appreciate this level of gourmet cooking. Each course was just enough so at the end of your meal you are stuffed and happy, and ready to come back again.