TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Awesome way to experience Detroit

We visited Detroit in late August to attend a Tigers game at Comerica Park. When visiting a big... read more

Reviewed November 25, 2019
910stacyg
Wonderful Walking Tour

I organized a day trip to Detroit for a group of international students from the University of... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2019
Jake K

Recommended experiences in and around Detroit
from $89.00
from $31.90
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews underground railroad signed up genuine love deep knowledge fantastic guide ghost stories great city dan gilbert people mover family reunion guardian building notorious pat revitalization history architecture spooky
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Nancy was our guide for the See the D tour. We decided to take a visiting out-of-town relative down to Detroit, but realized we didn't know much about it despite having lived here all of our lives. Nancy was extremely informative and accommodating. She has a great passion for the city and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. I definitely plan to try some of the other tours!

Date of experience: August 2019
CityTourDetroit, Owner at City Tour Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

So glad you enjoyed your tour with Nancy! Thanks for taking the time to give us a positive review. Greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

Thank you Nancy from CIty Tours Detroit! 3 adults & 4 tweens spent a wonderful morning learning about Detroit. A native, who repatriated after 8 years away, I wanted some how to show my guests this amazing city, and Nancy was spot on! She even encouraged my little add ons from my 1980-90’s own Detroit history. Nancy did not rush us and asked if we could extend a few minutes, no problem here...Nancy’s passion for the city shines on her tours.

Date of experience: August 2019
CityTourDetroit, Owner at City Tour Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Thanks Akmeek for your positive review. So glad you and your family enjoyed the tour. Nancy will be pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

Nancy did an incredible job of our Detroit D tour. She has high energy and enthusiasm and communicated information in a very interesting way and was able to answer all the questions. The trip itinerary was excellent with a nice balance of architecture, history, current structures being built, restaurants and wonderful things going on in the city. I live in a suburb and learned a lot that I will use to visit Detroit going forward. My friend was not from the area but she equally enjoyed it. Bonus was that when asked Nancy provided us with a list of the places we had seen so I can use that as a guide . Excellent all around.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you Kerry for your positive review of our See The D tour. So glad you and your friend enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

This is more of an experience than a tour. Four major conductors in the UGRR, dress in character and walk you through the city's major locations, where, in the 1840s and 50s, was a hotbed of abolitionist sentiment and where thousands of fugitive slaves were spirited in secret to various "stops," then onto awaiting boats to take them to freedom—less than a mile away in Windsor, Ontario. I'm a native Detroiter and this was my second time on the tour; it was that good!

Date of experience: August 2019
CityTourDetroit, Owner at City Tour Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Nancy W Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was great having you for a guest for the second time! Going to have to recruit you.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

My husband & I loved learning & experiencing Detroit on the "See the D" walking tour. Our guide was so informative & FUN! We really enjoyed seeing & hearing about the city from a native Detroiter. We had a blast & would happily recommend this tour for anyone wanting to really see the D.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you Indian River Momma. It was our pleasure showing you and your husband around. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.