Review Highlights
Super Tour

What a great tour! Paul was our guide and he was informative and very organized in his commentary... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
TinkityB
Scottsdale, Arizona
Awesome tour!

The city tour was great! Paul was out tour guide and he was very informative about our city. I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
DestinyL48
Detroit, Michigan
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Detroit
from $105.00
from $392.00
from $328.00
More Info
All reviews fantastic guide se michigan beautiful architecture small group guardian building nancy history devotion facts knowledge downtown coney commentary highlights perspective gems rise
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019

Thank you Nancy from CIty Tours Detroit! 3 adults & 4 tweens spent a wonderful morning learning about Detroit. A native, who repatriated after 8 years away, I wanted some how to show my guests this amazing city, and Nancy was spot on! She even encouraged my little add ons from my 1980-90’s own Detroit history. Nancy did not rush us and asked if we could extend a few minutes, no problem here...Nancy’s passion for the city shines on her tours.

Date of experience: August 2019
CityTourDetroit, Owner at City Tour Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Thanks Akmeek for your positive review. So glad you and your family enjoyed the tour. Nancy will be pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

Nancy did an incredible job of our Detroit D tour. She has high energy and enthusiasm and communicated information in a very interesting way and was able to answer all the questions. The trip itinerary was excellent with a nice balance of architecture, history, current structures being built, restaurants and wonderful things going on in the city. I live in a suburb and learned a lot that I will use to visit Detroit going forward. My friend was not from the area but she equally enjoyed it. Bonus was that when asked Nancy provided us with a list of the places we had seen so I can use that as a guide . Excellent all around.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you Kerry for your positive review of our See The D tour. So glad you and your friend enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

This is more of an experience than a tour. Four major conductors in the UGRR, dress in character and walk you through the city's major locations, where, in the 1840s and 50s, was a hotbed of abolitionist sentiment and where thousands of fugitive slaves were spirited in secret to various "stops," then onto awaiting boats to take them to freedom—less than a mile away in Windsor, Ontario. I'm a native Detroiter and this was my second time on the tour; it was that good!

Date of experience: August 2019
CityTourDetroit, Owner at City Tour Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Nancy W Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was great having you for a guest for the second time! Going to have to recruit you.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

My husband & I loved learning & experiencing Detroit on the "See the D" walking tour. Our guide was so informative & FUN! We really enjoyed seeing & hearing about the city from a native Detroiter. We had a blast & would happily recommend this tour for anyone wanting to really see the D.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you Indian River Momma. It was our pleasure showing you and your husband around. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 30, 2019

Loved learning more information on the buildings and areas in Downtown Detroit. We live in the suburbs, and took the day to be tourists in Detroit. Highly recommend. Especially loved going inside the Guardian and he David Whitney buildings. I would recommend to remove the Greektown part of this tour. Sadly, this area is not what it used to be.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you JT Owings for taking the time to write a review. Isn't it fun to be a hometown tourist? We loved showing you around. Appreciate your input on Greektown.