“Terrible wait staff”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I get the feeling this place thinks to highly of itself. I love the space and what they have done with the lounge but they don't treat people very nice and its way to expensive for the experience. The bar tenders are go especially and they do make great martini's but I honestly this is one of maybe 3 places downtown that I try to avoid. Does have great views from the skybar.

2  Thank bdmaake
There are newer reviews for Skybar Lounge

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went on a Saturday evening and I enjoyed it. I ordered the Shrimp and Calamari and Lobster Mac N Cheese which was delicious. The service was wonderful the atmosphere was great! Perfect for date night or a night out with the ladies. I'm looking forward to my next visit which will be very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Walking in to the Skybar Lounge, we immediately felt welcome. The doorman greeted us and explained where the two portions of the bar were. He then sent us up to the 33rd floor. What a stunning view! We could see for miles! While, yes, the drinks are more expensive, you're paying for the view. With that in mind, the drinks aren't any more expensive that what you'd see at the Hancock Building in Chicago or even the Volt Bar in the Renaissance Center.

After a couple of drinks, we headed down to the ground floor and had an amazing experience. Our server, Sara, made us truly feel like valued guests. She took the time to explain the menu and talk about their specialty drinks. She was attentive, but not overbearing, all throughout dinner. When we were about to leave, she asked us what our plans were for the rest of the evening and gave us suggestions of places to go. As for the food, we each had a burger and were very impressed by the quality and taste.

I plan on returning here over and over again!

1  Thank Michigan_Traveller72
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We met here for a team dinner and they hosted our party on the top floor bar. The view is awesome! The food was bar type but great tasting. It was a perfect setting for a group of us to mingle and move around sitting at different tables. Highly recommend for work events.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Skybar is composed of two bars. The first is on off the lobby on the first floor. Nice lounge atmosphere with drinks and appetizers. The second is on the 33rd floor of the historic building. The upper lounge is open on weekends only. The upper lounge is composed a series of offices converted into small lounges. The best part of the Skybar is the view, which you pay a premium for with overpriced drinks. Ordered 2 martinis and received a bill for $26. Waitress brought the drinks and was never seen again. No food is available on the 33rd floor lounge. Limited drink availability also.

1  Thank Mepo_Chris