“Fast and attentive”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ate dinner here. Many tables around us got the flaming cheese appetizer, so it was pretty neat to watch the 10 foot flames leaping off the cheese, while the waiters avoided igniting the flames directly underneath the fire supression sprinklers :) The service was very fast and very attentive, if a but amusing, as all the young male waiters looked like cast members from the Jersey Shore. All in all a very good meal, in an entertaining setting.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place. Great home style greek. I always enjoy dining here for good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Shame on Greektown Casino for allowing people to use comps at this place. Definetly needs a dose of Gordon Ramsey here!!! First off, the place reeks of the 70'S...in a BAD way. 2nd...the food was HORRIBLE!!! The only redeeming quality was the sagenaki and the bread. The waiter though was super nice. The veggies with my gyros platter were frozen veggies and gross, and the gyros would have been good if it were hot. And the Greek salad had an absolute HORRENDOUS thick dressing on it. It's really sad because I remember coming here many times pre-casino days, and this was the place to go for myself and my friends. We spent birthdays, marriage proposal celebrations, and plain old "get together, eat, and get drunk" celebrations here. PLEASE get back to basics.... When you do, I will be back.

1  Thank motownrocks
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went here after the 2013 Auto show and the line was out the door. I haven't been to Greektown in a long time, and I couldn't remember which was the better one. I saw the line out the door and made the assumption that this was the one to go to. The decor and service was great. Despite the line, I had a seat within 15 minutes and a waiter that was eager to meet and greet. The issue I had was that the food was served within ten minutes. If the food was made to order, this would have taken longer. My lamb was lukewarm and the other parts of the dish were schlepped on with poor presentation and then smothered in their red sauce. I don't know if this was because of the Auto Show, but the food was definitely made in advance. I felt like the kitchen was just made of massive thawed out pans, where the food was put on like an assembly line instead of made to order. I will probably not go back again.

1  Thank champson
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although the interior is bit old and dated, the service and food is still great. The bread crust is crunchy and the pieces are cut fairly thick. But it is fresh and the white interior is soft. Great to eat with pieces of Saganacki or just with butter. The lamb with vegetables is always tender and I like the sauce here better than other places because it has some flavor, maybe cinnamon. I sometimes ask for extra on the side to use with the lamb after it is off the bone. They use lamb neck on occassion but it is just as tender as the shanks and you get as much meat. It is a little more work to get off the bone however but the flavor makes up for the extra work. I am always full after eating here and think that maybe we should walk to Joe Louis just to work it off. The service is always fast and friendly, particularly if you are wearing a jersey and they know you are headed to the game. I've decided I like the food here better than at Pegasus because the sauce is more flavorable.

1  Thank timetraveler8