“Terrific Bistro, feels like NYC”
Review of Atlas Global Bistro - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charlotte
Transit: Shuttle to theater events on certain evenings. Based on requests. Please note in your resevation if you interested in shuttle service.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had dinner during Restaurant Week with friends. The place was packed, with a great vibe. The meal was very good, the service very good. I have been many times, and would rate it good to excellent, each time.

There are newer reviews for Atlas Global Bistro

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Small but amazing bar menu! They had many different choices but not overwhelming, organized by type of booze you want. I would only suggest this place for the drinks NOT FOOD. I went during restaurant week and thank goodness. This gem is a little pricey and the food wasn't worth the price. Paying well over $100 for a two person meal should leave you wanting more and telling all your friends. I left saying eff it was good but not amazing, I will come back for happy hour! That's right folks they have a happy hour!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This little gem is hidden just outside of Detroit's theatre district and is well worth the short drive either before or after an event located on Woodward convenient to all expressways. The ambiance is that of a New York Bistro! The service is that of a 5 star restaurant, and the food is wonderful! 'Tis a bit pricey and proportions a tad small, but the total experience well makes up for it! Valet is also an option.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I received a gift certificate from our children as a Christmas gift. We both enjoy uniquely prepared foods and this is a place they thought we might like. We made a very early evening out of it and arrived there for our 5:00 reservations. It turned out that we didn't need reservations for 5:00 since we were the only ones there. It did quickly fill there after. The drinks were good and the lump crab cake appetizer was very good. We both ordered the duck breast done medium. My wife had a salad and I had one of their new soups for the day, the french onion soup. My wife loved her salad but I could only take two spoons of the soup because it was burnt. I had her taste it and she agreed. our waitress never stopped by to check during the soup and salad but did through the other courses. The busboy came to take our plates and I told him the soup was bad and tasted burnt. He made no indication one way or another over it and took our dishes. Our duck arrived and I told the waitress that I hope this tastes better than the burnt tasting soup. Nothing. Our duck was good. My wife's was very tender while mine was chewy and tough. We swapped a couple of pieces and she agreed. After that I was quite disheartened but went on to dessert. My cheesecake was very good and her chocolate pudding was also. Overall, I probably wont want to return while my wife will want to. I'm just surprised that for the price, they can't make onion soup without burning it? Plus the fact that there was no offer to take the expensive (and uneaten) item off of the bill. There are many other places that I'll use my money at, and yes, I did use our money also since the bill was more than double the $75 certificate from out children.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

When entertaining out-of-towners and I want to impress someone, Atlas is one of the stable of places I take them to. It won't break the bank but it'll put a small bruise there- but then you pay for what you get which is top notch elegance, superb service, great food and a great ambiance. This place definitely has an aura of class and the menu shows it. Great variety served up with phenomenal flair. Everything in this place is crisp! From the linens to the drinks at the well apportioned bar to the waitstaff's aprons- they're all in place.

Want to impress someone, this is the subtle place that I would highly recommend. It's quiet, discrete, classy and done without the snobbery.

1  Thank Smogboy315