“Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Upon walking into the Compuware building we came upon police guarding the area. While outside the building we walked past police officers just strolling and patrolling.

There is no doubt the food is delicious. We have been to many Hard Rock Café restaurants across the world. It was pleasant to have one in our area. Our Parma Pasta dish was fantastic with the grilled chicken on top. The turkey burger was cooked perfect. The chicken sandwich was very good. The local favorite, Corned Beef Rueben, was the best. We enjoyed our meal and experience of music and sights.

My one complaint was when I asked the waiter for the check first he gave it to my sister instead. I just spent time signing up for your ""new"" honors program and you gave the check to my sister. NEVER in my life has a waiter or waitress been so rude and not honored the request of a patron by giving the check to the person who asked second. Why did I spend time signing up for the program if your going to hand off the check to someone else at the table???? Why do you give it to the second person that asked?????

D, you ruined my day with my family. Do not expect me to eat there again.

Hard Rock D, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Rose,

The Parma pasta is a fantastic dish, I have to agree. It sounds like there was a quarrel over who wanted to pay the bill, I am sorry that D got it wrong. I assure you his intention was not to be rude, I agree that if you request the bill first that it should go to you however! I will follow up on that with our staff. Hope to see you again!

Sincerely

Dan Glazer

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went back home to Detroit in August (first time back in 25 years). It was a Friday when I arrived and my brother took me to Hard Rock for dinner. I had just gotten off my flight and was hungry so we went directly there. we arrived at 6:00pm. The restaurant was packed as you would expect, but we did get a quick table. After sitting there for 18 minutes a waitress came to take are drink order, 20 minutes later we got our drinks. We decided to just get an appetizer since the service wasn't the best and we would eat a meal later. Good thing because it took another 45 minutes to order and get it. The women's room was very messy, but I blew it off as to they were to busy to check it. The memorabilia was a nice distraction to look at while we were waiting. I have been to Hard Rock Cafes in Hawaii, Tampa and Fort Lauderdale and I must say this was the worst service. The food was good, my mai tai left a bit to be desired but my brothers drinks were good, he said. We were there 2 1/2 hours to have 2 drinks and an order of bruschetta.

I am disappointed to read the experience you had at our café was poor, we take these comments seriously and would love to follow up with you offline to get more detail if possible.

-Dan Glazer

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The cafe was walking distance from our stay at the Westin. Our server gave us great service. I wanted ribs, but not the full rack they had on the menu. He told us they do have a half rack which was not on the menu. Got it. Had a drink that came in a keepsake glass. Before we got our second drink he asked us if we drove. So when we said no he said then you are good to go for a second drink. Food was delicious, drinks very tasty, and service great.

Hard Rock D, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your visit to our café, I am glad you enjoyed the ribs......they are one of my favorite items!

Take care,

Dan Glazer

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Detroit downtown appears to be experiencing a renaissance, but the road detours and construction made my Sunday trip to this Hard Rock a time-consuming adverture.

There is free parking in the garage next door (Compuware); just have your parking ticket validated at the HRC Shop.
It is a very clean, new and safe-appearing garage with access to the Detroit Downtown People-mover.

This HRC is within walking distance of the Renassiance Center and River Walk on this past Sunday, I ran into a crowd downtown attending the Detroit Jazz Festival. This was a very encouraging sign.

I took by 89-year old (Asian) mother to this HRC and she enjoyed the rapport with the waiter and the pub-style food as well as the ambience.
HRC restaurants can be quite loud both due to the people conversing, but especially the music video playback. This HRC had its music level at a comfortable level that allowed me to converse with my elderly mother despite her hearing loss.

This HRC is a bit smaller than most, but still seats at least 100 people comfortably and not crowded together, plus another 2 dozen at the bar.
The restaurant was clean and had a nice layout. The restrooms were clean and attractive (clean restrooms certainly help you feel comfortable at a new restaurant and hopefully means that management cares about details and appearances!)

The food is typical HRC pub-style food, so if you've been to other American HRC restaurants you probably already know what is on the menu.
The burgers and the BBQ pulled pork sandwiches are always reliable and this was the case here too.
This Cole Slaw, however was a sweeter and tangier style (with cranberries too) that I don't recall having had at other HRC restaurants. Our waiter highly recommended the Apple Cobbler for dessert, and we would have tried this had we not had to drive another 4 hours home and couldn't stuff ourselves anymore than we already had!

The service was friendly and the restaurant was about 1/4 full on this mid-Sunday afternoon (although, the seats at the bar area were almost completely full, with patrons watching Sunday sports). I bet this place must be busy before/after home games of the local teams, Lions and Tigers.

AAA members get a discount of 10% at this HRC.
I did not use my AAA membership, but used my HRC VIP Rewards card instead, which rewards frequent visitors to the restaurants, hotels, and on-line shop with freebies and Priority seating, which is sometimes necessary at the more popular world cities).

Of course, I always stop by the Hard Rock shop wherever I go to HRC.

I suspect that this place will be mostly a stop for hard-core HRC-goers, but I think the prices are reasonable and the food, although not distinctive, are comparable in quality and taste to other national chains, like Fridays or Tuesdays. And you get a bonus entertainment by getting up and looking at all the music-themed memorabilia on the walls. It has been a hit over the years when I used to bring my teenagers to these places and talking about MY musical favs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's!

Hard Rock D, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hi Cincydo2011~

I appreciate the very detailed good experience you had at Hard Rock. We hope to see you back in the Cafe soon!

Take Care,
Dan

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We liked the casual atmosphere and friendly servive.
The food was not as good as we expected. It was neither creative nor excellent, but it was adequate. Not much is open in downtown Detroit at night, so this was a fairly good option.

Hi tammyb051~

I want to thank you for your honest feedback. I do apologize that you thought the food wasn't as good as you expected. We strive to make our food and service as best as it could be, so I take your feedback very seriously. I would love to have you back in the Cafe and have you try something off our New menu we just launched in April. Please call the cafe and ask for me next time you are here.

See you soon,