“Been eating Stanley's since I was a kid”
Review of Stanley's Other Place - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stanley's Other Place
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am picky eater when it comes to food and Stanley's is a great chinese place. When I was a kid there was a location near midtown which I recall had decor but they closed it down. The current location is a full service restaurant but it caters predominately to take out. The food is good but sometimes they have gotten skimpy with the portions. Aside from them using cheaper carryout containers which seem very flimsy, I have no complaints with the food. I usually get sweet and sour chicken, almond chicken, and an egg roll. I can only think of one time that the food was questionable and I simply gave Stanley's a pass. Now it is a little more expensive than most neighbor hood chinese spots but it is worth it. If you can look pass the bullet proof glass and focus on the food, it's worth it.

2  Thank klomb4
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My first clue this was not the place to dine was the bullet-proof glass around the cashier station. Granted, the location speaks for itself, but never have I been to a restaurant that has 2 security guards and bullet-proof glass. I chose to do a carry-out instead of dine in. The food itself was terrible in my opinion. I ordered the Mongolian Beef, and my friend ordered Cashew Chicken. Yuck to both. Also ordered 2 wonton soups, which were bland tasting at best.

This place boasts being in business for over 45 years, but with the atmosphere and terrible food, who knows how longer it will remain open.

There are plenty of better, and safer, Chinese restaurants around!!