“Great Food”

Anchor Bar
Ranked #150 of 1,134 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Bunch of us went here before a Leaf/Wings game, place was packed but they were very quick with our food and drinks, service was great and pretty affordable

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My buddies and I recently visited the Anchor Bar for a bite to eat prior to attending a Red Wings game.

The server was friendly and brought us our drinks immediately. She then took our food order and we all ordered bacon cheese burgers with fries. They took a long time arriving, so much so that other tables that arrived after us got their food order before we did.

When we asked the server where our food was and she responded that it would be out in a second. When it finally arrived, the bacon cheeseburger was tasty, but the fries were cold.

After finishing our burgers, we took their shuttle bus to the game. I doubt that we will return to the Anchor bar.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a dive bar with decent food, Keno, juke box, and laid back atmosphere. I like this place and go a few times a month. I've only ever been here for lunch during the week though.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great little hole in the wall, takes a little looking to find it but not impossible. We went here after the Red Wings game. Wasn't to crowded, our server I forget her name was a hoot. Rude and Crude in all the great ways. Had a bacon grilled cheese, you really can't go wrong nor screw that up, couple beers. Best part about it was cheap, and a great locals spot.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Arrived about 1 am with a group of 10 after a long and great Tigers game....our waitress was terrific and the food was quick and flling...I had a grilled cheese sandwich with chips that was a perfect end to a great day. Everyone enjoyed their food and the beers, of course. A perfect "dive" bar......We'll make it a stop on our next trip to Detrot.