“Small spot, big sandwiches!”

Russell Street Deli
Ranked #85 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Wilmington, Delaware
“Small spot, big sandwiches!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I received great service from this place! The sandwiches are huge, the cobb salad is amazing and the quality is great!

• Visited May 2014

“Detroit is Back - & Russell Street is Right There with It”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Our family of twelve had a late lunch at Russell St. Though the place is small, we were welcomed with huge smiles from both the staff and the already seated patrons. The warm atmosphere was matched by super-friendly service and really delicious, fresh food. Every member of our party loved what they ordered - everyone was o enthusiastic that we all ended up sharing bits of each other's sandwich, and it was all fantastic. We had a toddler with us, and though she's a well-behaved and happy kid, our waitress and other patrons also went out of their way to make her smile. We all appreciated it. I left with a bag of house-made jams and preserves to give as gifts, and ended up mail-ordering more; all the recipients raved about them. I also appreciate the fact that Russell Street takes advantage of the wonderful food producers in the area and incorporates their products into the menu, and that they use so many well-made house-prepared ingredients of their own. When our Detroit family members found out we'd eaten at Russell St., they all - to a person, and from neighborhoods & suburbs all over Detroit - groaned and said they wished they'd gone to lunch with us. Can't beat that.

• Visited November 2013
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Great Sandwich”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was here for lunch and order a pastrami sandwich which was very tasty. I am a lover of pastrami and this sandwich past the test with flying colors. Just the right about of fat, smokiness, and pepper to make the meat pop with flavor.

The next time I am in the D I will be back.

Visited May 2013
Canton, Michigan
“nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's very small and cramped, and the service is very "no frills." The breakfast food all looked good, but I got salad, which came with congealed dressing. No one checked back on us, so I was unable to get anything as a replacement. I wouldn't go back on my own.

• Visited March 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Lunch with Friends”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I finally got a chance to experience the Russell Street Deli after a walk with a social meet up group. We went on a Saturday and the place was full. We only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. The food was very good and our server was friendly. Prices were very reasonable.

Visited October 2013