“My new go-to Mexican restaurant!”

Loco's Tex-Mex Grille
Ranked #180 of 1,122 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Detroit, Michigan
“My new go-to Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at "Loco." My meal was hot, fast, and delicious, the service was great, and the fried ice cream was worth the drive!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 313friend

Brooklyn, New York
“Sadly the service wins in ruining my time...”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Welcome to Greektown. If you are here perhaps you are gaming at the Greektown Hotel and Casino like I was. I was in town for a convention at the COBO center and staying at the Greektown Hotel. Locos is just down the block in a safe area, it is mexican food, margaritas, beer, etc..... I came here twice during my five night stay and both times left quite unhappy with the service. First through - the food. The food is decent enough, pretty standard fair for middle of the road priced Mexican food. The chips and salsa they give out free is sub standard, but you can get over that easily. First thing I noticed was all the appetizers were at least ten dollars and none seemed too exciting. I had the fajita tacos and they were just chicken with melted cheese in taco shells, nothing too special. However the real unique aspect of this place is how little you are paid attention to. This was equally true the night I sat alone at the bar and the night my fiance and I sat at a table. Both times I felt genuinely ignored. The second night we just kept saying "I guess they don't like money here because we would like to order more drinks" - but we never did because we didn't get the chance to. The host/manager gentleman was equally as useless, playing on his phone when we tried to get his attention. The entire place seemed to lack any accountability or passion from the people who worked there. The food was cooked and served fast and it tasted ok (average for Mex standards) but the service prompted me to write this review. If you are in Greektown and you need Mexican food, this is the place, but if you are weighing options then perhaps look elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank cmg2101
Orlando, Florida
“Okay food, below average service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Loco's has good food, and more authenic offerings than most Mexican places. I didn't think the service was that great here. Our server was never anywhere to be found. I also wanted to add onions and peppers to my quesadilla but when they brought it out they had been forgotten. I didn't want to hold up my party so I just forgot about it. Prices are okay, Free chips and salsa is a plus

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kate S
ontario
“Suspect”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped in and decided to try a cold draft first, sort of check the place over. The draft tasted bad, like the lines have never been cleaned. Left went to Fishbones, why take a chance since I heard there where code violations on this place, which I could not confirm.

• Visited June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Poor service, very unprofessional staff”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

To put it short: the service was slow, the food was bland, and not worth the time waited.

Went after a Tigers game with a group of 8, and waited for EVER (20+ minutes) to be acknowledged by the waitstaff.

After ordering, we then waited over 40 minutes for food to be delivered.

We then had one of our party get her purse stolen, to which the "manager" was very little help to resolve. When the level of help to find a stolen purse was at an all time high for the evening, one of the servers said that we should not have been there for so long. Perplexed by the anti-help - another member of the party went on a mission to find said purse, later to be kicked out of the bar area - forcefully when looking in the kitchen/bar area. A hospital visit later for our friend - it is a sure bet that we will never leave another half penny in this restaurant.

In sum, we do not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank BLT6912

Been to Loco's Tex-Mex Grille? Share your experiences!