“Zef's Coney Island”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 17, 2019

This restaurant is an icon in Eastern Market. Well worth the wait to be seated. Food is great. It's a must every time I visit Eastern Market. Well know for it's corned beef hash. Crowded little place that brings in locals consistently. Prices are reasonable. Parking is good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Went to check out Eastern Market on a Sunday in winter - not my finest decision but happened on Zef’s and decided to grab some breakfast. Pancakes, eggs and sausage served up with a lovely smile and hot tasty coffee. No frills, honest diner fare. The staff were the best people you could hope to happen upon in a time of need. My phone was playing up and needed charging so I could get an Uber back to my hotel. They came to my rescue with a much needed battery boost and saved the day. Pleasant and oh so helpful. Thank you!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2018

This one is Armenian not Greek. Nevertheless it is a classic coney dog joint with the requisite breakfast offerings and of course the coney dogs. Our group conclusion was "average coney dog" although the fries were very good.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Located in Eastern Market, and always popular on market days (especially Saturdays). Good breakfast menu....I've been numerous times. My server was particularly attentive today when I went for breakfast....kept my coffee cup full. Afterwards, went around the market to see the Murals in the Market program. Parking in front and a lot across Russell.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Trying to find a non trendy place to have breakfast in the city before church. We came across Zef's (which is nice and close to Detroit Church!) Had great service - fast and attentive. A couple of us had the hippy hash - AMAZING. some had chicken wraps - loved them. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: June 2018