“Greektown Detroit Restaurants are all good, but one stands out as a must. Don't miss Pegasus Taverna”
Review of Pegasus Taverna

Pegasus Taverna
Ranked #32 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Washington Twp., MI
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pegasus Taverna in Greektown has been one of my favorite Greek restaurants for years. Their Greek salad is exceptional; but everything I have had there is authentic and pleasing. Personally my favorite is their vegetarian platter which my mouth waters for now as I mention it. There are 2 locations in the Detroit area; Downtown Greektown at 558 Monroe St, Detroit, MI 48226 and St. Clair shores 24935 Jefferson Ave St Clair Shores, MI 48080. Both locations are equally delicious; YUM!!!!!

sterling heights, MI
“Great Before Tiger or Wings Game or Anytime”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I eat here often during hockey and baseball season. My prior visit wasn't that great but it's back to old standards. My buddy and I ate before a Tiger game. I ordered the lamb shank which was tender and flavorful. The green beans were really excellent. My buddy ordered the vegetarian platter which came with 3 good sized servings of various "pies" including spinach and eggplant. He enjoyed them thoroughly. When I was finished with the meal, my plate was clean. The service was great with the waitstaff quickly removing dirty plates and even bringing me a second iced tea without me even asking. Glad to see that my prior visit was an anamoly and it's back to its old standards. The game was rained out but at least we had a good meal.

Burlington, Vermont
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been here before and look forward to coming whenever I am in town. The food is simple but delicious, the wait staff very friendly. I love the atmosphere!

Massachusetts
“Might be a chain but still darn good...”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am half-Greek, so I tend to be picky about Greek food. This is not as authentic as my family's cooking or some very, very authentic Greek restaurants, but it satisfies and I definitely enjoyed myself. Prices are good and they have a decent Greek wine offering, and the waiters are knowledgeable about it, making good recommendations. If you're particularly snotty about your Greek food then you probably want a hole-in-the-wall place like your aunt cooks it. Otherwise, go for the huge menu, great variety and, if you're so inclined, huge portion sizes. You won't be disappointed, especially if this is more of an introduction to Greek food for you, or if you're after comfort Greek food.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent food with pleasant atmosphere in heart of Greektown”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

New to greek food. Enjoyed sampling the mousaka and lamb and spinach pie. Have to order the "flaming" cheese appetizer. Tasty and definitely part of the culture / character of the restaurant. Only negative comment was our sever was prompt and accurate just not very pleasant ( a little sarcastic / tired).