“Bad Night Maybe”
Review of Pegasus Taverna

Pegasus Taverna
Ranked #28 of 1,107 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
sterling heights, MI
“Bad Night Maybe”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've eaten here many times, mostly prior to Red Wings games, and the food has always been good. However, tonight for some reason, my lamb shank was a tad over done in places, meaning it was tough - not the entire shank, but only pieces of it. My accompanying rice and green beans were cold in spots, warm in spots, and only the green beans had a portion that was hot. It was zero outside but that should not have an effect on the food temperature when served. On the other hand the waiter was great. There was plenty of waitstaff so maybe there was something going on in the kitchen. Of course, I'll give it another try in the near future to see if it's back to its old standards. My son's greek salad and rice pudding was the usual high quality. I tasted the rice pudding and it was exceptionally good.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank timetraveler8

Pleasantville, New York
“Dependable Greek Fare”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

You can't go wrong with this reasonably priced, classic Greektown taverna. While its a big place, the space is nicely broken up to provide a lot of reasonably private booths so you can enjoy your guests - interrupted, of course by the frequent servings of flaming appetizers to the tables around you. Service was efficient and the menu sports the full range of classic Greek dishes. Nothing extraordinary - but those we had were well prepared and nicely presented. I chose the "Greek Trio" - A combination of Spanakoteropeta, Moussaka and Pastitsio which was extremely ample. My guest had the Gyros Platter.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank bikerbuff
Fort Myers, Florida
“I get hungry just thinking of Pegasus Taverna”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Terrific food, great atmosphere - no need to go anywhere else if you are in Greektown! I LOVE the vegetarian trio - absolutely delicious. I've never had a bad meal here, and I've had many!
It's a fun and busy atmosphere, but service is quick and good.
Don't miss it!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Travity
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Would go back!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I were seeing a show at the Fox and walked over to the Pegasus for dinner. It was a little bit of a walk, but downtown was busy with a Tigers game and there were plenty of people out and about.

Even though it was busy, we didn't have a long wait and were promptly seated and put our order in. The food was delicious, especially the saganaki (flaming cheese) which was a surprise delight. Just know there is a little bit of heat that initially blasts out from the big flame- it only last a few seconds though. Opa!

Our main dishes were fresh and flavorful. There were tons of servers so it seemed to me that no one was left waiting for service. I enjoyed the diversity of people, there were all ages and nationalities in that evening. Obviously this is a well liked restaurant, next time I'm downtown I'll be heading back for more flaming cheese.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Slipsa
estados unidos
“Memorable first visit”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A busy and fun spot. We were entertained by the shouts of Opa! as the waiters ignited the plates of flaming cheese appetizers. We had to have one too! The food was about average, the portions were ample. We had about a 30 minute wait on a busy Saturday night. Many large groups were being handled with matter of fact efficiency. The open kitchen was fun to watch, even though I speak no Greek as the kitchen staff kept up with the onslaught of orders. The pastitsio was not the best I ever had but I ate every bite and washed it down with the mellow house retsina for a enjoyable Greek meal in a festive atmosphere. Next time I'm trying the lamb chops.

• Visited November 2012