“It's a bakery but I wouldn't return”

Astoria Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Detroit
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I travel for a living and when I visit a city I crave cinnamon and chocolate. I wanted to like this place. I ordered 3 or 4 items and a cappuccino. I took 3 or 4 sips of the cappuccino and threw it away. I tried the spinach pie, 2 greasy bites and threw it away. The cinnamon roll was ok and a cookie I bought was ok. Maybe the items I bought weren't the desserts they are known for... I walked for 20 minutes to find this place. At least the walk was scenic.

There are newer reviews for Astoria Pastry Shop

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Authentic Greek delights that will put a smile on your face! Fair prices and bakery was really clean in appearance.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

A wonderful variety of traditional Greek pastry along with more Americanized selection. We stopped by after dinner in Greektown. They stay open late, so it's a perfect go to place for a late night treat. We got a variety to take home and all pastry and desserts stayed fresh and delicious the next day. And the day after. We bought a lot, what can I say... The selection is very large and portions are generous and reasonable priced. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Any date downtown should include a trip here! You can't go wrong with Astoria, everything is delicious...always has been and hopefully always will be.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

A great place to go for your sweet tooth. Excellent pastrys, cookies and other desserts. They are open late as well so you can go even late night.