“White Chocolate Strawberry Torte Cake is delicious”

Astoria Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Detroit
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
White Lake, Michigan
“White Chocolate Strawberry Torte Cake is delicious”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The White Chocolate Strawberry Torte Cake is delicious. However, it is quite pricey. The atmosphere is good other than outside there are often homeless people and people begging for money.

Visited March 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Worst cake ever.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was excited for this beautiful dessert after having dinner nearby. I grabbed the strawberry cheesecake slice and so did my husband. The first bite, well, I was pleasantly surprised how terrible it was. My husband who eats anything threw his away. I tried a few more bites but it was horrible. I think of I bought a cheesecake out of a box at Wal-Mart, and had better taste with it frozen. Anyways I threw it away. It tasted like foam with crap strawberry gelatin. I don't write reviews bc I don't care enough. But I thought I had to write a review since a dessert shop sells horrible desserts at a high price. So disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very cool bakery.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This Greektown bakery is pretty cool. They have tons of pastries, cookies, cakes, desserts, and ice cream. The price of most the items range from $2 to $6. I would recommend stopping in here if you are in Greektown since the price is so reasonable, there is a wide variety of sweets to try, and it's pretty cool to see all the different scrumptious desserts.

• Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Best desert!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have eaten here a couple times and the desert have always been good. The prices are a bit high, but since everything tastes so good that it's worth it. Also service is good even when it's super busy.

Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Lovely bakery--hard to choose!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A wonderful place to visit for a late night treat. Staff was wonderful and friendly. The treats were delicious.

• Visited November 2013