“Bakery of Delight”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Wyandotte, Michigan
“Bakery of Delight”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Have visited many times. Have enjoyed something new each time and have not once been disappointed. Two Thumbs up! A must stop while in Greektown.

Visited December 2012

Cleveland, OH
“Tasty Treats!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My sweet tooth lead me here before a Red Wings game. Everything looked amazing. My only regret was that we had just pigged out at Slow's before stopping in here. I still managed to have a chocolate cookie though. It was very tasty. Will definitely be stopping by next time we are in town.

• Visited May 2012
Ferndale, Michigan
“Kind of a let down”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was so excited to try Astoria, especially after the rave reviews I read. I stopped in and bought some eclairs to take home (took me a while to realize they were eclairs since they were more round than normal eclairs). They were edible but the pastry itself was not well executed or just plain old and more like a thin layer of soggy cardboard than the lovely spongey pastry of any other eclair I've ever eaten. The chocolate on top seemed to be of decent quality, but it was quite hardened and the filling was also decent, there was just too much of it instead of the pastry part. Maybe their other desserts are better, but steer clear of those bloated eclairs. I'd probably try something else of theirs again, but it's only getting one more chance.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“You must stop here”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just our opinion, but believe this to be one of the best bakeries we have ever visited. Everything we tasted was fantastic. When we visit Rome, Italy my husband heads for a certain bakery there to buy cannoli - well he said this is a real contender for his number one favorite. We also tried the baklava, the shell cookies, the biscotti, the black and whites, and the croissants. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to try the cheesecakes, the layer cakes, the pies, the gorgeous looking Greek desserts, etc. etc. The choices are seemingly unlimited and one thing looks better than the next. Of course, you pay dearly for the products, but absolutely worth every penny. I normally do not have a sweet tooth but this stuff is wonderful and the choices allow you to choose items that are not overly sweet but still scrumptious.

• Visited March 2013
Sioux City, Iowa
“SWEET TOOTHS BEWARE!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Amazing, hands-down the most amazing bakery and pastry shiop I've been to. From the chocolate covered strawberrys to the amazing baclava and chocolate cakes. Plus ice cream and other items and drinks. Really neat place, but very very busy. The cakes, pastries and other items are soooo worth it.

• Visited July 2012