“Sweet Treats!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Detroit
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You cannot go downtown without grabbing some sweet treats from Astoria! Their cheesecake is divine and the cupcakes heavenly! The chocolate covered strawberries are a religious experience! Delicious hot coffee to wash down your treats is a must. Great little downtown gem!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

this place has one of the best brownies known to man. Not sure why it is so good but the it is the best brownie I've had to date. Wish I didn't go downtown for Tigers games so frequently as I seem to end up here once every four or five visits. Any item in the place is going to be great, but I'd recommend a brownie for any fan of chocolate.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Finally, the baklava I've been looking for! Walked here for sweets after a meal nearby. Fun way to end our evening in Greektown.

1  Thank latefordinner
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I keep getting suckered in by the outstanding look of the pastries here....only to be completely dissapointed by the taste (or complete lack of).
If you want baked goods for nice pictures...this is the place. If you want something you'll enjoy eating.......this ain't it!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Well, my party is definitely in the minority here, but I have to give my review. Maybe it was just the day, the time, or the items we bought. Saturday, 7:30 PM. But.....yuk! Almond cookies were tasteless. Overloaded with powdered sugar. Chocolate cannoli was tasteless. Overloaded with chocolate coating, and the filling was not cannoli filling. It was more like flavorless mousse. The cinnamon roll was tasteless and dry like week old dry, even broke open the center. Yep, tasteless and dry there, too. May try it again, but certainly with this experience, I cannot recommend it.