“Referred by the locals.”
Review of Los Galanes

Los Galanes
Ranked #92 of 1,122 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Lansing, Michigan
“Referred by the locals.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was looking for the place to have lunch in Detroit's Mexican Town, asked the locals and all the answers was for Los Galanes. The portions were large and the lunch menu was priced great. They use fresh ingrediants and the flavor is great.

• Visited November 2013

Michigan
“Best in Mexican Town”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the restaurant I always patronize when in Mexican Town. Authentic mexican food and excellent service.

Visited October 2013
Skokie, Illinois
“Great Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I read about Mexciantown on TripAdvisor and we decided to make the trip. It is only about 2 blocks and it is a bit run down. I asked at the Panaderia where we should eat and he suggested Los Galanes. The decor was great and they were decorated for Dia de los Muertos. I had the veggie fajitas (delicious and a treat, I never had cabbage in the mix before). My husband had a wet chicken burrito. Our kids had a quesidilla and a hamburger. All the food was great! Prompt service and fun waiter. Would go back again.

Chelsea, Michigan
“Loved This Place!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The service was slow, the margarita's weren't very good, the meals arrived at two different times - yet I loved this place!

Los Galanes was easy to find in Mexican Village. They had secure parking. The building and décor was interesting and had a fun atmosphere! The appetizers were an adventure. They gave us way too much great food and the service was congenial. I will be going back to Los Galanes.

Pinnebog, Michigan
“The Only Thing Authentic Is The Service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went to Los Galanes for my birthday. My girlfriend was the accountant for Armando's family back in the day and was very excited at the possibility that she could see the family again. When we got there she was in formed that it was a nephew who was running the business. We got great service. We had an excellent, polite wait staff and manager who answered my girlfriends questions about her former client.

However... the food was extremely expensive, definitely made for the American palate, non-offensive, bland and served in small portions. I mean add your own salt and pepper bland for the rice and beans. We got a salad bowl side of chips with a small bowl of salsa to begin with and were charged $1.00 for a second similar serving of the same. Beans and rice had no taste. Our daughter in law told us the Shrimp Diablo had no hot spicy flavor what so ever, my "barbacoa" tacos were Americanized as were my girlfriends beef taco's. Walk across the road to Xochimilco's or drive down to Armando's.