“Great breakfast at a reasonable price”
Review of Fishbones

Fishbones
Ranked #24 of 1,115 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston
“Great breakfast at a reasonable price”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I only had breakfast here as this restaurant is connected to the hotel where I stayed. HUGE Western omelet served with potatoes and toast for $6.95. Omelet was cooked perfect, not too hard, not too soft.

Visited February 2013

Ontario
“Great Place But.....”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Always stay at Greektown for getways, Winterblast or just to lose money at the casino and we always manage to get to Fishbones once or twice a trip for food and/or drinks. Super place and excellent menu but if your looking for that advertised happy hour at the bar it's not there! Never had any drinks reduced in price ever. $9 for well scotch and $9 for a bloody mary. Couple next to us asked if it was happy hour and the bartender just laughed. Don't let that keep you away though as the service and food is the best on Monroe!.

Ontario
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were in Detroit for a hockey game. Had lunch here around 11:30. Service was prompt. Wine by the glass expensive, about $2 more(for same wine) than restaurant across the street, where we had dinner. Manhattan clam chowder very good, as was the tilapia sandwich. Pecan crusted chicken salad excellent. We would go back again.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Certainly the Best in a long time!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Back at Fishbones for the 1st time in a year or so, and the food was maybe the best food we've had from any restaurant in a long time. The host was friendly, and cooperative and our server was excellent: friendly, smiling, accommodating! The food (filet...oscar) was truly exceptional!!! No, better than that (if possible). Wonderful cut of meat and very tasty! Overall experience was great!

1 Thank Jophmo1
Atlanta
“Very Good Sushi”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

After having a couple of brews @ the Greektown Casino, the bartender suggested going across the street to Fishbone's for dinner. Seeing that I had 2 'coney dogs' @ Lafayette's fro lunch, I wanted something a little lighter for dinner. My colleague and I decided on trying the sushi here, eventhough I was extremely tempted to try their creole/cajun fare.
I ended up getting the Miso soup for an appetizer and was quite impressed with this simple dish. Some places will skimp on the spinach and tofu, but Fishbone's had ample servings of both, and the broth was quite tasty.
I then decided on the basic California Roll (hard to mess up right?), a Tuna Roll (same as the Cali Roll in easy), and the Smoked Philly Roll. I ended up scarfing all three rolls and was very satisfied. My collegaue opted for the Chef's Sushi Platter Regular, and I didn't hear any complaints as there was nothing left on his plate either.
The service was prompt and courteous. The atmosphere was unique in the 'atrium-style' lay out. Next time I'm back in Motown, I'm definitely going back here to try the cajun!!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Fishbones? Share your experiences!