“Great Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizza Papalis

Pizza Papalis
Ranked #3 of 1,093 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in town for a getaway and decided to eat here because my brother raves about it. He was right it was very good, I can't compare it to original Chicago style pizza because I have never had it but I can say that this was very good. We ordered a medium so we would have leftovers I thought it was even better the next day. The service was good too, it was a really nice night out. I think if we were in this area again we would make it a point to eat here again.

• Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“best pizza in greektown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Huge pizza pies piled high. yummy folded like a real pie super thick and full of lots of toppings. decent service cute location, in greektown.

Visited May 2012
Livonia, Michigan
“Chicago Style Pizza in Detroit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is not the original Chicago style pizza place in metro Detroit. But it was one of the first, and one of the best. Giordano's pizza in Chicago has the finest version of this kind of pizza, in my opinion. Pizza Papalis is in the same class. It is a notch below the Big G, but it is the closest you can get to it in Michigan. For that, it deserves a big round of applause. I only wish there was one a little closer to home.

Visited September 2012
FINDLAY
“Nice place to grab pizza/beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had a nice meal at Pizza Papalis the other week prior to a Red Wings game. Since I was by myself I went with the thin crust pizza. It was very good, but I wouldn't characterize it as "thin" crust -- closer to an average thickness. Got a 10" and wasn't able able to finish it. Also got mozz sticks and these were fine, although they brought out the mozz sticks and pizza at the same time.

PIzza is a bit expensive (approx. 18 for my pizza) but it was well worth it!

Would definitely recommend and plan to come back again when in town!

• Visited January 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Nice Choice of Pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice choice of pizzas, deep dish, original and Chicago style. Greek salad was large, fresh and well prepared. Service seemed a bit rushed, though very few people were in the restaurant. We'll be back again

• Visited January 2013