“One of my favorites!!!”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #13 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“One of my favorites!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I never have had a bad experience! Great authentic Italian food! I have gone with family and friends and it was loved by everyone!! It is pricey, but worth it for the good food and ambiance.

Visited December 2012

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

After reading that this was the # 1 restaurant on TripAdvisor for Detroit, I knew I had to do my birthday dinner here. We came as a group of 12 friends and they accommodated our reservation. We ordered many appetizers for the table and they were great. By time dinner came around, the everyone felt it was very mediocre. I had ordered one of the veal entrees with crab on top, and it was very disappointing. The veal was very tough and actually tasted heavy or gamey-not at all how veal is supposed to be.The crab on top was disappointing, it was a minimal amount and was one of the fishiest tasting crab I had ever had, not what you would expect for a $32 dish. I had a few bites and could not eat the rest. When the waitress came by and asked how I liked the dish, I explained that I was not a fan. Her response was "Awww, I hate when that happens." I was not offered to have anything made in it's place, and when the bill came out we were still charged full price for it. Not acceptable for the restaurant business, especially from a "high end" restaurant. Considering our bill was almost $750 for our group, for our experience I would never come back again. I felt terrible having people drive out 40 minutes to spend as much as we did leaving disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Candice M
Decatur, Illinois
“Very tasty and friendly”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved this place. The food was so good. I had a special with seafood and a lobster cream sauce on fetticini. Very nice. My husband had a beef dish with a rich creamy red wine sauce. I tried it and it was heaven. They gave us free samples of the lasagna. It's not like any I have had before but it was sooooooooooooooooo good. The garlic bread was warm and full or flavor. This is a family owned business and everyone was so nice. Yes it is out of the way but well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank carlinda6665
Michigan
“Classic Italian Restaurant and Fantastic Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant must be your destination, as being in an out of the way location, you would not just be happening to drive by it. It is in southwest Detroit. They have valet parking that costs $5. Inside it is decorated in a classic Italian elegance. They do have some side rooms in addition to the main room, such as the Godfather Room and the Wine Room. The entrees cost anywhere from $18 to $30. We all had pasta, mine being meat lasagna. The meals come with a choice of soup or salad. I upgraded mine to a Caesar salad which was excellent. All of us thought the food was excellent. The waitstaff were all very accommodating and and helpful. My only suggestion would be for them to have a selection of mid price wines. The wines they have are very good but somewhat pricey. All in all it was an excellent meal and you can understand why it has been around for so many years.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank CuriousMiTraveler
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went with a big group to celebrate our anniversary and can't wait to make the trip up there to go again! Our table had every type of pasta, meat, fish, chicken, etc, and it was all wonderful! The spinach Gnocchi in the homemade garlic cream sauce was my favorite. Excellent tiramisu as well!

• Visited November 2012