“Incredible!”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #12 of 1,107 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Incredible!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

For years, I observed a personal rule that I don't order fish at an Italian restaurant. They tend to bury fish in sauces. Fortunately, I break my own rule every week at Giovanni's. Each daily fish special reminds me of the most exquisite seafood restaurant. My wife, a true carnivore, enjoys a different veal dish every week. At the owner's suggestion, we tried a 2009 Pazzo to accompany our meal. We ordered 2 cases as soon as we got home.

Detroit, Michigan
“Mama Mia!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Nothing in Detroit comes close to Giovanni's for Italian. Heck, I did not run into many restaurants in Italy the 10 months I was there that comes close to Giovanni's. It's great down home Italian with a gourmet flair. No wonder people go out of their way to come to this less than appealing neighborhood!

• Visited October 2012
Dearborn, Michigan
“best Italian food in Detroit”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I always have my office Christmas party at Giovanni's. The food is great and reminds me of Italy since it is so authentic. The hardest part of dining here is selecting your entry!

Findlay, Ohio
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Rich Italian food that will please your taste buds. Location isn't the best at night but we didn't have any issues.

1 Thank Asa B
RBlanch4080
“Best italian restaurant in Detroit?”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yea, probably. I've eaten at Roma, Marios, Picanos and Vince's. Vince's is close but the service and decor beat Vince's by a stretch. Everything but the location make this a homerun. Make sure you make reservations. The place is always packed.