“So Disappointed ”
Review of Sala Thai

Sala Thai
Ranked #206 of 1,296 Restaurants in Detroit
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Sala Thai several times but probably haven’t been there in at least a year. Went downtown last night and were excited to stop and have a bite at Sala Thai. 6pm on a Saturday night and there was only 1 table occupied. We were warned that the credit card machine was down so it was cash only, not s problem. We ordered Pad Prik and Pad Cashew, both mild. Our dinners were served very fast...maybe too fast. My Pad Prik had absolutely no flavor. The chicken tasted like it had been boiled. The brown sauce had no flavor at all. I ate the onions, green pepper and water chestnuts. My husband did not like his Pad Cashew. We walked out the door and both said in unison, that’s the last time we will eat there. What a shame, we really liked Sala Thai.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner here. Little wait, but not more the 10 mins. Very glad we tried it. Wasn't an OMG restaurant, but very good. We would go again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

The Eastern Market location gets busy for lunch and weekend dinners. This is my favorite Thai restaurant Downtown. Service is on point and there's a huge selection. The spicy is haaawwt and the curry dishes are sometimes a bit salty. There's one in the burbs and they're both great for Thai.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

This place has sushi and Thai choices. We had a little of both. My husband was happy with his Thai Curry (came in a dish instead of a bowl?) and I was happy with my sushi selection. My son also had sushi and his girlfriend had a tofu dish. We also ordered Miso Soup which was good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Downtown to Fox Theater, for dinner. Parking is great - because it’s FREE...

Had some Vege California Rolls and Shrimp Tempura Sushi - 5/5 Excellent taste and presentation, for got to take a pic because we ate it soooo fast!

For dinner one order of Pad Pak, on Black Pepper curry, one Shrimp Fried Rice and on pad Thai noodle. All great - no complaints - but be careful with Spice Level - the HOT is hot enough for most anyone. I had medium and was just right.

Highly recommend the Shrimp Fried Rice - will come back.

Date of visit: February 2018