“Poutine The REAL deal without crossing the border”

The Brooklyn Street Local
Ranked #73 of 1,134 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Poutine EH The Real Deal Now in Detroit

WOW finally someone from Toronto opens a eating spot that plates up the real deal Poutine, many have it on there menu and some come close and a few not. Prior to today Green Stables had the best, now move over to the 2 types of this delicious Canadian comfort food loaded with just the proper size white cheddar curds and gravy. Many places use a small hard shoe string fry and this place goes to the larger size that melts in yo mouth with each and every bite. I've tried the rest and now have found the best now run on down to load up on that Poutine EH

1  Thank BREWINGBIGBEERS

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Here on Detroit Tigers opening Day. Marrisa greeted and served us in a friendly fashion. Food is creative and tasty.

1  Thank Fred M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ate at this inconspicuous place on Michigan Ave at the suggestion of local friends. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the original menu - and their recommendations were very good. We had a short wait for our freshly prepared breakfasts - innovative use of ingredients. DIner was clean and service good. Breakfast for two, with hot beverages $25.

Would I eat here again ? Most definitely
Would i recommend to friends ? Yes

1  Thank FamilyWu
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Someplace, sometime, someone has probably made an omelette as good as the caramelized red onion, mushroom, and blue cheese omelette the Brooklyn Street Local serves, but if someone did it's not likely you could get it with a side of authentic French Canadian poutine.

The Local emphasizes local food and you can find details of exactly how local on their web site. Everything we had was excellent including the coffee. Service was good. Prices are moderate.

If you're anywhere near Detroit this is a must. Hell, if you're in Michigan it's a must.

1  Thank joe4075
Reviewed February 25, 2013

No, not really. We were vacationing in Detroit to begin with. But once I heard there was a poutinerie in town, it was at the top of my list. I was, however, expecting uber-local food (thoroughly sourced; even the compost farm gets credit) or inventive deliciousness and charming service.

I had poutine, of course. (Hey, it was almost lunchtime. Don't judge.) I even ordered the BSL Poutine, which adds stuff to the poutine God intended for us to eat. The "stuff" they add? Caramelized onions and bacon. Oh my. God approves.

The omelette of the day was created specifically with my husband in mind, which is weird because they'd never met him before. Caramelized red onions, bleu cheese and mushrooms - with a side of poutine, of course.

The endless cup of coffee really was; the staff was there refilling it even before I thought about a top-off. The mismatched cups are adorable and made me wonder if they want some of my excess coffee cups.

It's funny how, even though we're right next door to Canada, some of the best things about Canada have not journeyed into Michigan. I'm talking, of course, about poutine, politeness and peameal bacon. Yet they're all at Brooklyn Street Local.

2  Thank jt1237