“Great Tour for Anyone Interested in Urban America”

Show Me Detroit Tours
Ranked #3 of 26 Tours in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: Show Me Detroit Tours has the perfect Detroit sightseeing experience for visitors and hometown tourists alike. We provide 2-hour deluxe van tours of the Downtown Detroit districts each day at 10am and 2pm. Our guides provide a fun introduction to the city’s top attractions. Guests enjoy chauffeured van tours conducted by knowledgeable local guides. Advance reservations are necessary. Group and private tour rates available upon request.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Tour for Anyone Interested in Urban America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Kim was extremely accommodating and tailored the tour to our interests. Even in near blizzard conditions, she drove us around the city showing us the good and the ugly. Kim deconstructs ones preconceived notions of Detroit, and replaces it with a solid base of understanding and compassion for a city that has gone through so much. I highly recommend this tour anyone that is remotely interested in community development and urban policy.

Visited February 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour - Show Me Detroit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in Detroit over the holidays, and wanted to see all the landmarks the city has to offer. This was an extremely comprehensve and engaging tour. Pat was my guide, and she not only showed me a wide array of interesting Detroit sites, but also provided historical background for each.
Comfortable van picked me up right at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this tour if you are n the Detroit area.

Visited January 2013
“Most informative Detroit tour I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

As someone that lives in the city and works in urban planning, I have been on a lot of city-wide and neighborhood tours in Detroit that highlight the same spots every time. Kim exceeded everyone's expectations on our tour. She knows an incredible amount about the city and her enthusiasm to share that is infectious. She's even helping me to craft a personalized tour for my parents who live out of the state. I would recommend Show Me Detroit, not just in place of other tours, but as a necessary starting point for anyone visiting the city.

Detroit, Michigan
“Black Friday Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just want to say that Show Me Detroit Tours is the way to go if you want to get a professionally organized and narrated tour of Detroit. I worked closely with Kim Rusinow of Show Me Detroit Tours for about six months in planning for roughly 30 family members to participate in a tour to take place the day after Thanksgiving. I am proud to say that everything went smoothly. The tour was for four hours starting at the Renaissance Center, followed by a bus tour that Kim graciously customized by including some of my personal requests, and ending at the Motown Museum. I received a lot of positive feedback from my family and felt that the time and effort put into this event was well worth it. Thanks so much Kim for showing my family a good time! I wish you and the Show Me Detroit Tours partners continued success--this was a great experience!!

Visited December 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The only way to see Detroit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a wonderful tour of Detroit with Pat. She was knowledgeable, fun, patient, and all about making sure we saw what we wanted. We left Detroit as ambassadors for a city we had come to with apprehension.

Visited October 2012