“Foodjunky”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Had great time loved the selection a real Detroit gem great wait staff going back for late and entertainment

1  Thank Marty M

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My boss took our department here for lunch on the advice of his son, who works on Detroit's revitalization. The area is industrial and sparsely populated as you approach the Ambassador Bridge to Canada, and honestly it doesn't look like much from the outside...but inside, everything changes. Very comfortable brick and wood, accessorized in a colorful harness racing theme. A fully stocked bar, apparently specializing in different bourbons. Best of all, the menu is built around a single awesome question: how many creative, delicious ways can we execute a gourmet "slider?" (Though to be fair, "slider" doesn't do them justice; perhaps "micro-burger" would be better). Our group sampled themes including coneys, turkey/dressing, Korean, southern catfish, and yes, a traditional cheeseburger. My favorite had Dearborn ham and melted swiss. Heck, they even offer a few dessert-oriented sliders! Each sandwich costs $2-$3, and 3 will fill you, especially if you order fries for around the same cost. Come on down, park yourself (there's no valet), and try something different. I'll be taking my wife there soon.

2  Thank Indiebob
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Decent size restaurant with what looks like to be a killer outdoor area in the summer. Hostess greeted us upon walking in, let us pick any open table and then explained the menu and provided us with the specials. Have a small list of craft beers but not great compared to many offerings in the area. The biggest concern was that it was in the middle of no where, couldn't eat there then walk without really putting on some miles to get back into downtown.
The Sliders were just that, basic buns, inventive and tasty but not the 2nd best restaurant in the city good. Its highly over rated, but a good place for a quick bite and a couple beers with friends.

1  Thank wick1979
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stopped in for dinner at this Oasis in the middle of a warehouse district. Some say the area is rough but there is really not any neighborhoods nearby or people hanging around that would concern me, I felt very safe.

They have a nice list of Craft Beers which is all the trend now most of them local source. The menu was pretty much 20 different sliders, a few styles of loaded fries some small salads and two soups. No item over $5 and most were $2 or $3. These are small plates so ordering four or five different sliders would be in order.

They are unique and very tasty little bites, my wife said the Kale salad was amazing I thought the Hot Brown Slider and Fried Chicken sliders were awesome.

If you are visiting the D give it a try for something unique.

1  Thank firestalker
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had visited green dot stables before and wanted to give them a second chance. You immediately notice the lukewarm welcome from their hostess which persists until the end where they are doing everything but saying to you directly "get out, we want to use your table." For example, they ask you to pay the bill immediately after dinner, despite that you might want to order more drinks. Yet, for all the pressure they put on you to "eat and get out" they are slow to retrieve your orders. The food is mediocre at best, and their slider is essentially white castle buns with some version of meat in-between, which I might add was undercooked (unfortunately, one of my friends was stuck on the toilet the rest of the night). So overall, I was disappointed by their quality of service and the quality of the food.

2  Thank Bruce G