“Fun and Yum” 5 of 5 bubbles

Green Dot Stables
Ranked #4 of 1,093 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Dot-Stables/187091638022964
Detroit, MI
“Fun and Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sliders of all kinds, crazy good poutine {fries with gravy and cheese curds}, soup of the day, mystery slider, mystery cocktail how can you go wrong? And it's all like 2 or 3 bucks. Cool building with a big horse on the roof, grandkids loved that. Service is good and if the place is not packed you get your food superquick. No reservations so at prime times there can be a wait but it's worth it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank maurbol

Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious but surprisingly pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was once the best kept secret in Detroit, but that's not really the case anymore. You need to go at an odd time to get a seat or suffer an hour to hour and a half wait. This includes mid-week evenings. I had three of the sliders, Korean, Corned Beef, and Gyro. All of them were delicious, especially the Corned Beef. Drinks are all $3 or less and they have a decent list of craft beers available. It is unheard of to find a $3 Dragonmead Final Absolution on draft. My only complaint would be that if you have a sizable appetite, $3 sliders really add up. I would say the average hungry guy to take down 4 sliders and fries with two beers and end up spending $21. Not terrible, but definitely not the cheap night out. Still exceptional food means you pay the price.

Commerce Township, Michigan
“Delicisouly different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a long day at Greenfield Village we thought we would try something different. I first heard about Green Dot from the show "Under the Radar". When we pulled in the parking the lot we have to say we had some reservations. We had little kids with us and there were some people outside that looked like maybe they had a few too many. We decided to go in and check it out and I am glad we did. The food was really good and the concept of only $3 allows you to try a few different things on the menu. My only complaint is that the night we went they were not offering a full menu. So, no mac n cheese (a staple for little kids). To say the least it was disappointing. We asked about the menu change and really didn't get a good answer. We will go back again but most likely we'll call ahead to make sure we can get the items on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Who know peanut butter and kimchi would make such a great pairing?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Finally made it to this fine establishment and it was well worth the wait. What an eclectic and imaginative array of sliders, something to tantalize anyone's taste buds. Definitely order all of your sliders together, can be a bit of a wait on busy nights. The kimchi slider was tasty, so was the corn beef with the dijon mustard. I love the cucumer and lemon cocktail, it was so refreshing. I can't wait to go back to try some other sliders again soon.

Chelsea, MI
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple, visited Green Dot yesterday prior to taking in Memphis at the Fisher... a great experience by all!

Got there at 6:00 PM (Thursday) and slipped in just ahead of the rush. Got a table without waiting at all. Took a few minutes for our waiter to arrive and he seemed a bit clueless, but amiable enough.

Wife and her friend asked about wines (wife only really likes moscato and her friend also only likes sweet) and he ended up recommending a Spanish one... apparently not catching the sweet references they made, 'cause it was a red and not at all sweet. Luckily he didn't charge us for it after it was obvious that no one was going to drink it.

I, and the other fella, ordered a couple of the drafts (a lager for me and a porter for him)... we were both happy enough that we repeated our order later. My wife had the Zug Island Ice Tea (multiple times) and her friend switched to whatever their name is for a fuzzy navel.

I tried 4 sliders (catfish, hot brown, buffalo chicken, and chili dog)... all were good, but I think the catfish was the best of the bunch. The buffalo chicken isn't breaded & fried so it wasn't quite what I was expecting and the venison chili on the dog was a bit on the dry side, but none of them was bad. Also had the cajun fries and a slice of cheesecake. Yummy!

Wife had the black bean and tempeh sliders, kale salad, truffle fries and the s'more dessert. She enjoyed everything and commented on how much better the tempeh was here than at St. CeCe's. The kale salad was a bit of a surprise...we didn't really know what to expect, but it was great!

We'll be back!!