“Good Times, Great Oldies”

Mercury Burger and Bar
Ranked #33 of 1,145 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A new restaurant/diner and bar in Corktown neighborhood. You can also find them at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mercury-Burger-Bar/205657662829670
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was such a fun spot to grab a bite to eat. The food was delicious -- their buffalo tots are the bomb, and helloooooo spiked milkshakes! Oh, and the burgers were pretty fantastic, too. But my favorite part was the Motown music blasting from the speakers! I had a great time singing along while I downed my tots. Will return very soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stopped in here on a Saturday night before an Elton John concert with a party of 8 and were seated within 10 minutes. Safe secure parking is right behind building. The have a great variety of burgers as well as fries...if you like garlic, don't miss the garlic fries! Thier hamburgers are the best we've had and they have a great atmosphere as well...even TVs if you want to take in a Red Wing or Tigers game!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Good burgers and fries. A good variety of burgers, and many different toppings to choose from. Several varieties of fries. Milkshakes are great. Sometimes the service can be a bit spotty. Outdoor seating is great, during the warm months. Safe parking lot out back with an attendant--$3.00...worthwhile and appreciated. Part of the burgeoning restaurant scene on Michigan Avenue. Hoping they have many more neighbors over the next couple of years as Detroit continues on its Comeback City Path. Recommend for a casual dinner with friends.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and two sons (16 & 10) had tickets to see Rain, a Beatles tribute band, and wanted to go out to eat beforehand. Slow's was packed, as usual, so we tried the Mercury Bar. What a great place! My youngest son had the Faygo dreamcicle milkshake and really enjoyed it, while my wife and I tried a couple of draught craft beers. I tried the Topor's burger and sea salt fries, and I don't think I've had a better burger at a restaurant. My wife had the Local burger, and my sons had the Juicy burger. My oldest son ordered Garlic fries(with real minced garlic) and my youngest son had the Bacon fries(with cheese sauce and real bacon bits). They both LOVED them! My wife and I ordered the Buffalo Tots(tater tots with buffalo sauce, and blue cheese crumbles), Genius!
We usually go out to eat once a week, and usually someone is disappointed with either the restaurant itself, or what they ordered, but old Dad hit one out of the park with this one! Everyone was happy, and FULL! We then went to the Fox Theatre for a great night of Beatles music.
On the ride home, we all discussed how much we enjoyed everything about the Mercury Bar. We would all go back, just to drive up for a Great burger dinner(or lunch). Hopefully SOON!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to Mecury because the wait a Slow's across the street was 90 min.

We ordered burgers, it took forever, the burgers were just bland, no real taste, nothing special at all. The fries were limp and greasy