“Great Stay in the D!”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Canton, Michigan
“Great Stay in the D!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in mid August after spending a day in the D and an evening at Ford Field for the the Kenny Chesney Concert.

The staff were very nice! The valets were great and the front desk staff were quick and efficient.

The room was very nice. Bed was comfy!

This is a great location if you are visitng Comerica Park, Ford Field, Greektown or various other places in Detroit.

The only complaint I have is (like others have said) it can get a little loud. I was awoken a couple times mid morning, by car and motorcycle traffic, but thats what you get when you want a hotel close to all the ""action".

Prices are reasonable.

I will stay here, again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HGIDD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2016
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciate the feedback. We hope you'll consider staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed there during Labor Day weekend (Two adults and our 10 yr old son). I got a junior suite which consisted of a sleeper sofa two TVs, king sized bed, fridge/microwave. The hotel is less than a 10 minute walk to Comerica Park (we saw two Detroit Tigers games).
The room was in fine condition - amenities were new and the bathroom was large enough to accomodate three people. We stayed on the 6th floor and had no issues with noise.

All of the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and accomodating. This includes the registration desk, parking valet, housekeeping etc. I did use the gym facilities and while I did not have to wait, the gym is very small - two treadmills and a stair stepper with some weights. The pool is also small. However, the hotel offers free guest passes to the local YMCA - right around the corner, where guests can use the Y's three pools and other amenities.

We did not eat the restaurant but every time we walked by, it had a good number of guests.

Room Tip: We got a corner suite and it was perfect for our needs!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne_July
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback. We hope to be at your service the next time you are in Detroit.
Belmont, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just completed a 4 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Detroit. While it provided the perfect proximity for a short walk to our 5 Tiger games we came to town for, we shared the hotel with numerous Kenny Chesney fans who were able to do the same and walk to the concert at Ford Field across the street from Comerica Park. Most impressive was how well prepared the hotel staff was to handle even the busiest of weekends in friendly style. Aishi at the front desk handed me my key with a smile moments after I entered the building, house keeping filled my request for extra pillows within 5 minutes and I couldn't help but notice my rooms AC worked better than my last stay which was my only concern I ever had here. GM David Kipfmiller explained they were going thru the process of updating the older units in need of replacing. I stayed at the hotel several times before I realized a hidden jewel down the back hall called the Chrome Grill. Nice bar with some good eats. Cassie couldn't have been nicer, and lots of nice beers on tap also. Love this property and am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: You can request facing the ball parks and several Tiger games a year will provide a free fireworks s...
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Many friends gathered in Detroit for Beach Bash, Kenny Chesney concert and Detroit Tigers ballgame weekend. The catalyst for a great time was The Hilton Garden Inn. Service was great, accommodations wonderful and the staff was cheerful and attentive. Was a great meeting place for all downtown activities, with rooms clean, bar staff helpful and accommodating and breakfast perfect. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. T and S

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stay there on business once or twice a year. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are clean and the food is great. When I see the same staff everytime I go, to me that says a lot. No matter what time of day or night they are friendly and accommodating. I will continue to stay there when I go to Detroit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Barbara M
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Cheerful employees, two blocks from sports venues, very clean rooms and valet parking ($20 fee added to your bill). The beds and pillows were the most comfortable in my past month of traveling. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. Didn't pay for the available breakfast. The amount of one-way streets in the area can be a little confusing.
I'll absolutely book here next trip I'm planning to the downtown area.

Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is a Great location for a Tigers game, close to great restaurants (we ate at small plates & the detroit beer co) are right down the road. Greektown is only 2 blocks away as well, love this location! It is a clean hotel & everyone was very nice that we encountered, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and although the view down wasn't great (air conditioners etc) it was n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIDETROIT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for staying. Glad you enjoyed the city. Detroit Beer co. is one of my personal favorites as well! We hope to see you again soon.

David Kipfmiller