This place has an excellent Government rate. I highly recommend for any military travelers to stay here. I checked in on a Thursday when the hotel wasn't very busy and the guy at the desk gave me an awesome room on the top floor overlooking Comerica Park, and he thanked me for my military service. I had a long couple days of travel and the guy offered me some travel-sized toothpaste and other items from the back. I wish I could remember his name because he deserves personal recognition.
Other great things about the room:
1) The room was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable.
2) Valet was fast and gave great directions.
3) Location was ideal. I was able to see so much of downtown during my stay, as you can walk almost anywhere downtown. The city itself is extremely impressive. From what I had heard, I thought Detroit would be a crime-ridden wasteland, but I ended up having an amazing time and taking a bunch of cool pictures and meeting awesome people. I am definitely coming back at my earliest opportunity and staying here again.
4) I stayed during a weekend where there was the Electronic Music Festival, so the hotel was packed with party goers. I could here loud music in the hallway a few times, but the walls in my room kept any noise from bothering me. I didn't even notice the people partying across the hall after I closed my door.
If I had to point out things that could be changed, it would be:
1) the elevators are dated, but it doesn't really matter as long as they work.
2) Upon receiving my bill under my door, I noticed I was charged for parking when it was included in my rate. Upon showing the erroneous charges to the desk, they quickly removed the charges.
3) The breakfast buffet is strange. The hot food is arranged in what appears to be a self-serve system, but you have to ask the server to prepare your plate. The portions were plenty and they prepare omelets and pancakes upon request, so it is still good, it's just not really a buffet.
Overall, this is one of the top hotels I have stayed at for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Entertainment District, we are near Comerica Park, Ford Field, Little Caesar Arena, Michigan Opera Theater, the Music Hall and much more. Just two blocks from Greektown, you will find we are surrounded by shops and restaurants. Local businesses and corporate offices within walking distance to our hotel include Quicken Loans, Meridian Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, General Motors, and DTE Energy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Detroit