“Concert at Ford Field”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a Saturday night concert at Ford Field. The proximity to Ford Field was my main reason for the selecting the hotel. I was pleasantly pleased by both the amenities and room. The hotel staff was very pleasant and the Chrome Lounge was added bonus. I was concerned about noise considering the location of the room near the elevator. Much to my surprise the room was much quieter than similar properties I have visited. The card access to floor and lobby personnel reinforced the safety aspects of the hotel. Save yourself the hassle of Ford Field parking chaos and stay here instead. Three minute walk....can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hi Greg!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are so glad to hear that you were happy with our staff and accommodations as well as had the opportunity to try the Chrome Bar & Grill! We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Lisa Beam, Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was awesome, the location was perfect. Great options of restaurants near by. The hotel had a laundry facility that I could wash clothes, that is a plus. The location was easy to get to freeway wise and it was within walking distance to the ballpark, intact, last year we visited the Philadelphia ballpark and the game parking for the ball game cost nearly as much as our hotel parking with in and out privileges at this hotel, and we were actually almost closer to walk to the hotel this year than the event parking last year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIDD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be at your service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We spent a week there on business and the staff recommended many restaurants within a safe walking distance. Note there is only valet parking which you pay for. You can see the Tigers ball field from the hotel. The morning breakfast was average. The service was above average. I would stay here again if doing business in Detroit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Octorafest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciate the feedback. We hope you'll consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel several times a year. It's a great location for going to Tigers and Lions games. The staff is always friendly and helpful. My only complaint is this hotel is not as clean as it use to be. The last two times I have stayed here there were long dark hairs in the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have no complaints, a rare feat when I visit a hotel! I arrived in town by Greyhound, and took the People Mover to the nearby Cadillac stop and walked a few blocks to the hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and I found myself with a room on the fourth floor. The room had both wired and wireless internet freely available, which surprised me - I used the wireless and found it plenty fast for me, and the table had plenty of space for my gigantic laptop. The room TV had a decent channel selection (but who watches TV, anyway?), and a microfridge was also available. The showerhead had a decent flowrate, and soap and shampoo was available.

Like I said, no complaints. The Greektown casino (which I did not frequent) and Greektown restaurants (which I did) are just a few blocks away, and I walked all over town taking photos with the hotel as my homebase.

One strange thing did happen, I guess - I asked the hotel desk to arrange a cab for me, and they had the cab driver call me, which has never happened before. The cab itself had no meter and the trip cost me more than I thought it would. So maybe you should schedule your own taxi.

But, overall, recommended, for sure. Note that I paid about half the price listed on the hotel website by using Priceline's "Name your own price" feature.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 26, 2013

You have to pay an ADDITIONAL $20 for parking when you check inn. Your car is in a public parking lot, not in a parking garage. And, to top it off, my sheets had blood on them. Fitted sheet and loose sheet. When we asked to speak to a manger to confront them about the problem, we were told they weren't in but would give us a call. Now since we've still not been talked to, there will be a scene in the lobby where as to I hope other guests hear this and re think their hotel arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2012
HGIDETROIT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out a review. I am was not available right away on Friday morning when you called down, but I am glad that I was able sit down with you and talk before you left that day. Again, I apologize as the situation was unacceptable by all accounts. I also understand your concern about the parking. As is the case with the other downtown hotels, we do have a charge for overnight parking as we have to purchase the addition space.

David Kipfmiller
General Manger

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is very lovely and the staff very friendly. It is a block to two major sports venue and a block to the Greektown area where you can find food and entertainment of all types. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave which is handy for those who may be tailgating during their stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple