“Its a bridge”
Review of Ambassador Bridge

Ambassador Bridge
Ranked #65 of 149 things to do in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: At the time this bridge was built in 1929 it was the longest suspension bridge in the world.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

What can you say about it, other than its a bridge. It is showing it's age, but serves it's purpose.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The owner has maintained that he and he alone has the sole authority to control any and all bridge crossings between Windsor and Detroit. Please take the tunnel until the second bridge span is built and avoid the Ambassador Bridge.

1  Thank MisrEmiri
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Long waits as bridge is overrun with commercial trucks. We expected waits at Immigration and Customs booths and found the inspectors to be professional despite reputation for being rude and heay handed. Make sure you have proper identidy documents so the process canbe completed promptly. Bridge itself is in need of overhaul as the noise levels are extreme and the pollution levels from all the trucks aggravating.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We wer crossing the bridge at 6:00 am on the morning of March 1,2013.We were 3rd in line just after a shift change,the young man asked where we were going, I responded Florida .His response was he hated to hear another person was going to Florida,I said oh you would rather a warm Island and to my surprize he said no,'I hate any where Canadians were I hate Canadians"I replied" really" we are very nice people and he angrily replied "You think so".Imagine my feelings,for this young person to actually be so forthcoming with his feelings.Does this young man not realize Canadians help support him in his job and we are true friends of our Americans when in need.Who responded in your hour of need during 911??Who sends our workers to help out when you have experienced electrical outages and other weather related emergencies.This young man and others like him need to be educated in their jobs.Please take time to make sure you have better trained personel and make sure they keep there thoughts to themselves.I wish I had pulled over and spoke to this young mans superior,but I was travelling with family waiting ahead of me.I have not been able to let go of this bad experience. D Raycraft Stevensville Ontario

3  Thank dar366
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We use the bridge over the tunnel due to its proximity to the main highways. The bridge has been under 'construction' for as long as I can remember & is a disorginized mess on both sides of the border.