“GM at it's greatest”

GM Renaissance Center
Ranked #21 of 150 things to do in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: Multi-towered skyscraper is the tallest building in Detroit that features an observation tower on the 72nd floor.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The cars on display are GREAT! Wonderful wanderings in a beautiful building!...a little confusing, but ask any employee for directions to find your way around and around . Don't miss the River Walk , too!

1  Thank SusanRN1116

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm from a small town in Ky and my wife and I decided to visit Detroit to see hardcore pawn! We stayed in the Marriott located in the renaissance center. It was awesome and they gave me a big discount for being a vetern, more then 65 percent off!! Alot of shoppes and restraints in the building. Super easy access to the everything Detroit has to offer!! Only problem is that it's not smoker friendly, you have to go down 2 sets of elevators and out across the street from the building... Over all awesome!!

1  Thank Rogercampbell
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First off, my fiance and I are Detroit natives. And when it comes to a quick weekend getaway, this is # 1 on our top 5 places to stay. there are so many reasons why you should here, but i'll only give you the top 5. The only down fall I have ever had when staying at the renaissance is the over priced breakfast buffet at the 42 degree restaurant. I hope this was helpful.
1. the location
2. the rooms and the view. did I mention there beds are awesome. the best nights sleep you will ever have.
3. restaurants
4. the most bang for your buck,
5. the service is excellent and prompt

2  Thank jennifer g
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stumbled upon the tour and took it - good decision and we discovered allot of interesting facts and also got to the 72nd floor with fantastic views all the way into Lake St. Clair. Had a late lunch at Andiamo which was fantastic and very fair price. Walked through the GM showroom - very nice to see all brands of GM cars in one place and the new models! We also then walked the riverfront down to the old fashion Carisol and back. Loved the park and flowers along with the river traffic and views of Windsor. For the 4 hours we spent well worth the trip downtown from the subburbs!

1  Thank Phuket_brad
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

If you're in the general area then it's worth a couple minutes. There are a few stores and restaurants but there isn't much to do in there.